okay. i'm stumped! i've been tested for STDs regularly, and all tests come back negative. but!
my last three girlfriends have all had the same thing happen. here is the description:
everything is fine and dandy until.. after about a week of being sexually active, they start to produce less.. fluids, for lack of a better word. it seems to be dry compared to at first.
also, there will be a thin, white discharge, i guess. there is no clumping.. it's rather thick. it also has an unpleasant smell to it.
i apologize for the lack of clinical terms. i'm very frustrated and can't think of how to write this out.
anyway, there has been no condom used and i ASSUME all three of them to have been clean.
is it possible for a male to carry a yeast infection?
i'm SO at a loss here. any help would be greatly appreciated!

you may be exspsoing them to bacterial vaginosis , althought hte man has no symptoms of this infection it is possible for him to spread it to the female, it causes a discharge with odor.

Im sorta confused. The female within a week of being sexualy active with you starts to have a foul smelling white discharge? Well This may be just as you said some sort of infectiom. Yes it is possible for men to get yeast infections. If you get tested regularly and the test comes back negative then you don't have to worry about having stds or aids. Make sure you get tested for hiv and all other types of std's. Also make sure to be safe that you start wearing a condom that way you don't have to worry as much. Also if the female has white discharge w/o a foul smell that is normal. Female cum can be white. Also it is normal as long as it doesn't smell fishy.

I hope my advice was helpful :-)

thanks guys. yes. it does smell a bit bad. it tastes bitter too (found out by accident, the first time).
i just don't understand why i wash ALL the time. i'm VERY clean.. so how does this happen?
more important: how can i stop it??!!

the girlfriend i have now is allergic to condoms.

i feel awful about all of this. i did a lot of research that states it is HIGHLY unlikely for me to pass a yeast infection BACK to her. is this true?

also, the white "stuff" is thick, but not "chunky" as i've heard yeast infections to be.

again, sorry for all the non-clinical terminology. i've NEVER dealt with any of this before.

lastly: yes. this happens after only one-two weeks of intercourse. :-(

The only thing that maybe I could think of is that you maybe a carrier of a std maybe. Some people go get tested and it says negative, and they may have no symtoms at all, just a carrier, but they are able to pass it along to a partener.

So I guess you should get your girl to go get tested to make sure thats not whats happening.

Relax. Everyone is so quick to assume its an infection or STD. Women's hormone levels change throughout the month. These changes in hormones affect the constancy of the discharge. For example, some points in the month she may find thick white discharge, and other times nothing but clear "wetness." During sex your hormones are active in ways they arent when you are not having intercourse. It is natural for a woman's fluids to change consistancy during sex or after it, as well as during different times of the month. Try to keep track of when it is thickest and white in relation to her period. Also, what birth control are they on? If it is high in hormones (such as the Nuva Ring), that may be the cause as well. As for the foul odor... I am not sure about that. That could just be her personal hygeine. She should see a gyn to find out for sure.
Hope it helped!

Dear,
It looks like you are carrying a particular type of infection to your GFs. Go to a doctor and get advise. and if you are having a regular GF right now then tell the doctor, He/she will give the medicines for her as well. anyway, it isn't that serious.

i've been tested twice. no STDs. i did have an infection that didn't seem to want to go away, but this came about later.
any test i come back is negative. i'm at a loss. i feel horrible. i don't know what in hell i'm doing wrong!

It's bacterial vaginosis. Three strikes- it's probably you. No matter how clean you are, you can't get rid of all bacteria. The infection is cause by some bacteria not tested for in the usual battery of STD tests. It's scary, but not dangerous if treated. I wonder if your girlfriend might develop an immunity to the bacteria over time. It's possible the bacteria came from her own body- you just moved it around.

Are you still there? It's bacterial vaginosis. Three strikes- it's probably you. Or possibly you are just moving bacteria from her own body to a new home. Scary, because you think it's an STD, but it's not. Just embarrassing, and a nuissance, but treatable. It doesn't mean either of you have poor hygeine. Maybe your girlfriend will develop immunity to this bacteria in an unfamiliar place. Understanding will help both parties avoid bad feelings.

consult a gynecologist .it would be infection.

I have a similar problem. It started after a rape as a kid. I've gone to docs and they just say it is normal...some women have white discharge. I know something is wrong.

I'm just trying soaking a tampon in lavender escential oil. It is working. This is disgusting...but I have had to treat the rectum as well. My vag is now producing clear mucus....although there are bits of white (not chunky yeast.) All I can say is stay clean...very clean... I'm thinking this may be connected to an infection in my rectum from IBS. I also think it could possibly be a spread of E-Coli. Don't let docs brush you off. What is normal for one person isn't normal for another. I do not have colored mucus...it has always been clear... any change is not normal. If you have experienced tasting it...and it has changed your sexual activity...you both need to get treated. What ever the infection is can spread to your mouth. If worse comes to worse...go to a homeopath (natural doctor.) If the problem has to do with vitamins or fungus...they will help... Most of all, support your partner through this. It is emotionally devistating to know something is wrong and not find help.

okay...i know exactly what youre talking about. My husband is in your shoes! Ive been with my husband for over 4 years and never experienced white discharge til we started having sex. Its sorta thick, its bitter, and its watery at times. Ive been with one other person since I started dating my husband, and while being with them, I didnt experience the white discharge. Ive been told before that if your partner has, lets say, O-Positive blood type and I have O-Negative, that it can cause this. I seriously doubt all of your partners are the opposite blood type as you, though. lol I know men can get yeast infections. If I could talk my husband into going to the doctor, Id know a lot more about this. But tell the girls to eat yogurt every other day. Ive noticed that it helps me quite a bit by balancing out my PH levels. Another thing, if youre "going" inside them, that can most definitely cause this problem! If youre going in your partners, eventually, its gonna end up stinkin. Deuching helps with that. As for you, you really should start wearing condoms! Then, you wont have to worry that its you! I know that if i dont have sex for awhile, then start back up again, thats when the white discharge comes back around. Also, your cycle can control the level of discharge. Kinda random, but I hope that helps!

you could actually have low risk HPV. Men can't be tested at all for it, unless they have actual visible signs (bumps) that have a 50/50 chance of showing up.
When women contract HPV they usually go through a period of milky discharge with foul odor,
but those are similar symptoms to a yeast infection as well.

These may also be a sign of something simple like ovulation... it is present in some women before and after periods....