I am 16. I have had mild asthma since I was like 11 and have albuterol. I lately have been wheezing before I go to bed and when I wake up I don't know if its anxiety related because I get really nervous that I will one day have an asthma attack or become hindered by asthma or get COPD. But the thing is that I no longer get bronchitis after a cold, and I can exercise with out wheezing afterwards> I go to the gym almost everyday and do cardio (running for a few miles), I lift waits and have an athletic body. But the thing is I get wheezing at home before going to bed and early in the morning and whenever I go to the doctor in the rare chance that I wheeze during the day it goes away the minute I leave the house and step into the doctor's office. And I recently had my checkup and everything was "beautifully healthy" as the doc put it.

Also every year I go to Cusco Peru and to Lima. In Cusco I get no asthma and in Lima I stopped getting asthma (it just stopped even though the city is incredibly poluted) yet in the US I still have it and only in my house. I don't know if its anxiety caused and if I have anything to worry about. I also don't wheeze while I sleep (mom said) its just the moment I lay down and the moment I get up. I just wish I could fall asleep peacefully without the albuterol.

Hi hon! You might have an allergy to something in your house or room! Do your parents smoke? Do you have animals? and do you have carpets in your bedroom?

IF you only wheez while going to bed or everyroom in your house? Do your parents have an air filter in your home?

Its in the basement and in the tv room. I am suspecting the dogs because sometimes when I touch them for too long i get like an itch. But in Cusco I touched every stray dog in the neighborhood and nothing happened. I suspect its a plant or something mixed with NY weather.

Actually I think it's mold!!! When you are in the basement - the dampest area of the house, this is where mold can grow! Since you had asthma, you could be very succesptable to dander - from the animals, dust, mold, and then when you are out of that environment - such as going to a high destination as Lima Peru, then the dampness wouldn't be such a problem there as in the NE or NW!! So ask your parents to buy an air purifier or if they can afford it ask them to get your house tested for black mold!!! Keep on doing what you are doing, you sound like you are in VERY good health!!! and your lungs are "Beautifully Healthy!!!" ;-) XD Keep your room vacuumed every day and keep dust and animals OUT of there OK? Plus try and ventilate the basement out!

Lima is at the same height as New York Its cusco that is in altitude. I used to get asthma in Lima because that city is known for its mold, polution, and asthma. But last year I had anxiety atacks there and yet my allergy to the place dissapeared.

Asthma and anxiety are CLOSE together with symptoms - breathing difficulties causes anxiety, anxiety causes breathing difficulties! I didn't know that about Lima!! Is it near the ocean like NY? That is what I am mainly talking about the moisture in the air, the cold winters, snow, melting etc.! Your anxiety is probably from early experiences not being able to breathe etc. Since you are in GREAT shape physically, you need to be able to get over this last little hurdle - with an air purifier etc. This way your panic and anxiety will go away with your asthma!

Anxiety can worsen asthma and asthma can cause anxiety... Maybe you're anxious when you are at home, because it's often happening and you worry you'll get an attack. This can cause you to breathe faster and actually brings asthma symptoms back... but... probably there's something that causes you to have asthma at home. If it's only at home, there probably is something you are allergic to that is not that apparent outside. Maybe you should go to an allergist and take some tests or something? Or maybe you should find out what's in your room or in your house when you have symptoms? Because when you find out what it is, your asthma symptoms can become even milder or totally disappear and therefore you'll also have less anxiety and everything will get better! You're in a great shape, probably there's something like moisture, mold, something in the air, dust... that brings it up!