I have 50 years and I think the condition I am experiencing is called menopause. I have all these well-known symptoms; do not want to talk again about it. Anyway, I have heard there is some Remifemin that could help us through these symptoms. I want to hear more about it, is it some hormone balancing, or what. Could it prevent some heart problems, as I have heard?

Until now, many studies wanted to confirm Remifemin could increases the ratio of "good" to "bad" cholesterol. Consequently, it has been thought that this should lower the incidence of heart problems, which means it could prevent some heart problems. However, the recently released Heart and Estrogen/Progestin Replacement Study failed to show any significant benefits. The study followed women with prior heart disease for four years, so this cannot tell us anything important. If future studies showed Remifemin and other similar prescriptions to be beneficial in the long-term prevention of heart disease. Not it is likely to be true of all standard prescribed estrogens. Additionally, Remifemin is an extract from the herb black cohosh that also contains non-estrogenic compounds. Nowadays, it has proven to be beneficial in relieving symptoms such as hot flashes at least. However, I would recommend you to talk to your doctor, he could check you up and prescribe some adequate medicine that might relieve your menopausal symptoms, maybe he will chose Remifemin, but you should check it with the doctor.