I have the 2nd yeast infection.... The first one I had was when I had insurance and I went to the doctor for it. but now that i don't have insurance I used Monistat 1.
I am curious about how long it takes to work, and how I am to know if it is working at all?
I no longer am having crippling pain and itchiness, but I still have a lot of the chunky white discharge and it feels like someone is lightly applying pressure to the vulva.
what is normal? and what is ab normal

I personally like to use the Monistat 7 day treatment with external cream. It just seems like it works better than the one day treatment and costs half the price too. You can ask your doctor to prescribe you Diflucan pills. It comes in a generic and is cheap at your pharmacy. I do not have medical insurance either so that is how I know. My body has become resistant to the Diflucan cause I take it too often so I am taking a break and using Monistat 7 the next few times.

Hope that helps and you feel better soon! :-)

most doctors recommend the monistat 7 because it stays in your system longer and kills more cells. you might want to try the 3 day one in addition because i think the monistat 1 is way too short but its up to you. if you're feeling better you're on the right track but it could come back if enough cells have not been killed.
also, just because it says one day doesnt mean symptoms will be completely gone in 1 day. it usually takes at least 3 - 5 days to be out your system.