Over a week ago I had sex with my boyfriend a couple times, but then I started noticing that I was developing a yeast infection about a day later, which I haven't had one since high school. I decided to go to the store and buy one of those three day treatments (the one where the applicator is filled with cream), it was hard for me to use it, because it hurt trying to get it inside of me, but it wasn't too unbearable. After that, the itching started to go away and finally went away for good. But the problem now is that I have developed sores or blisters, that are just here and there on my vaginal lips, but hurt so bad when I urinate. Also, my labia is swollen. I'm not sure what to do, since it's been so long since I've had a yeast infection and from what I remember, it was just a mild one where I used external cream on it and it went away. But this is driving me crazy! I bought some Vagisil today, which is helping with the pain. Although, I did make the mistake of having sex with my boyfriend a day after I ended my treatment (which hurt horribly at first, but then subsided), the sores started to pop up after that. It was painful during my yeast infection, but not to the point where it was difficult to urinate without wanting to cry. How can I treat this with over the counter ways? Will the Vagisil help it to go away after awhile or should I go back to the store and get some more yeast infection medication?

I just don't like the treatment that you can buy in the store. It leaves me feeling sick after using it and also makes me bleed slightly. But when it comes down to it, I rather be itchy instead of in pain. :-

It is impossible to give you an answer here. You need to be tested and treated... it could be yeast (Candadiasis), or any number of other GU infections. Many of the OTC treatments are not effective for severe candadiasis infections and you will need to take an oral medication such as Diflucan. You sex partner should be treated too, especially if he is uncircumcised. Depending on the country you live in, diflucan may be available without a prescription (OTC), as well as home remedies for yeast infection. Regardless, you should be tested.

Good luck

Well, the Vagisil is starting to work and the blisters are going down slowly and drying up. It could have been that I nicked myself in the shower also during my yeast infection and then the infection got into my blood stream and made it worse. I'll have to remember to not shave down there when that is happening. Anyway, thank you for your answer, I would go to the doctor if I actually had insurance, but you're right, a doctor would know more about it than anyone. But all-in-all, my vagina is starting to feel and look better, which is a plus in my book. I'm not sure if you can get Diflucan over the counter in the US, but probably not.