Hi, folks. It seems I am having a problem. Yesterday I went to a restaurant and I wanted to show off, so I ordered octopus. However, when I woke up this morning, I noticed some skin rash on my face and arms. I think I am having an allergic reaction. Is this possible?

Hello, there. There is a great chance you are experiencing an allergic reaction. Octopus allergy is not so impossible. In fact, anyone can be allergic to any substance that is eaten or taken in some other way. Seafood in general can cause allergies in many people. You should visit your nearest health center. You should ask for checking this up. If you are really allergic to octopus, you should avoid eating it. I hope this helps. Bye!

I had octopus for the first time last night in sushi. This morning i woke up with serious dizziness, i have a red rash from head to toe, and the back of my neck is hugely swollen. The weird part is, i have had Calamari many times previous, and they group a reaction to Octopus in with Calamari. Huh.

I eat all kinds of seafood (shrimp, lobster, scallops, calamari, mussels, etc) and I too reacted to octopus the first time I ate it. I broke out in a rash which quickly spread minute by minute even while I was at hospital. They gave me Benadryl along with a shot of adrenaline. I haven't eaten it since as my reaction was caused by the tiniest little taste. The Dr. was happy that I hadn't sat down and consumed a whole bowl of the dish, who knows what reaction I would have had!

Hi, I just came out of hospital from eating octopus for the first time and nearly die, i had the horrible reaction in 3 days time and i was admitted and now at home resting and yet still very unwell. What ever you do keep away from seafood of any kind, thats my point of view.

blessings

sunita

A family member experienced a seizure shortly after consuming spanish prepared octopus. She had her only other seizure after receiving dilaudid IV for the first time. Has anyone heard of a connection between the two?

There are very different kinds of seafood :). I am not a doctor and you should check with yours before eating anything, but there's a good chance you're not allergic to fish! Staying away from all seafood because of one allergy is like saying you should stay away from all vegetables because you know you're allergic to one.

Did you ever find out if you're aller to octopus? I'm on day 4 of these symptoms and I'm freaking out!

How long did your symptoms last? Which meds did you take? Any help would be highly appreciated!!

I cant believe that this allergy can come out after a week. I faced a late reaction of eating octopus. It lasts 2 days. Swallowing of body parts and itching was the main problem for me.

2.5 months. did yours go away?