Hello, I am a mother of 9 years old girl who has just started having problems with pollen allergy. I am so afraid for her. I know that this condition, even though not that dangerous is something she will have to deal for a long time and that is driving me crazy! So, what's the duration of pollen allergy reaction? Will meds help her?

You should know that since pollen causes this type of allergy, the reaction will happen as long as she is exposed to the pollen. But, don't worry that much. It really is just an annoying condition whose symptoms can be controlled easily with meds. And she can use local corticosteroids or antihistamines. You can also try to keep her away from the cause of the problem.

Hello there,

This is most common allergy, and one in 10 Americans suffers from pollen allergy. The worst part of this is changing of season which is usually misery for people who suffers from pollen allergy. You should try as much as you can to keep your daughter far from the flowers and tress because she is most likely to get allergy reaction if she inhales pollen. Allergic reaction of inhaling pollen could manifest as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal congestion, runny nose and itchy throat.  

I am aware that your daughter is young and that you will have some explanation to do when she tells you she wants to play outside when spring comes, but this is something that she needs to learn and sooner the better.