Hello, good people. I have been allergic to banana for several years. The last time I ate it, I had abdominal pain and vomiting. The thing that interests me is whether I can eat avocado if I’m allergic to banana or not. I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thank you for replying.

Hello to you too. There are two forms of banana allergy. The first one has mild symptoms. Other one is related to latex allergy. It is also known as fruit-latex syndrome. People with this other type of allergy have severe symptoms. They also show allergy to other fruit as well. Avocado is one of them. Other fruits that these people might have allergy are mango, kiwi and chestnut. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello, I have a banana allergy and I am also allergic to avacados, tree nuts (mostly south american), honeydew mellon and cantalope.  I am allergic to latex as well as some pollens and mold so I'm sure some of those allergies are interrelated.  You may not know you are allergic to avacado unless you try it. My allergy does not manifest as vomiting, though, I get a scratchy-irritated throat.

Hello there,

I am allergic to bananas and avocado, dust and few other things. As the poster above me has already mentioned when you have one allergy it is most likely that you have another one as well. So if I were you I wouldn’t risk anything. Go and see your doctor and find out on what else you are allergic at.

When I finally did that allergy test I was really shocked with the results. I have found out that I am allergic to more things than I could imagine. So the best thing is to avoid experimenting by eating avocado and just do the test and be sure. Treatment is very simple, avoid everything that triggers allergy.

I am unable to eat bananas, melons, zucchini, most nuts, and sometimes times mango and avocado. I usually can survive mango by itself, and avocado by itself, but never in combination, so forget the avocado mango salsa! I get severe stomach pain, feel like I can't breathe well (like my diaphragm is seized up), and have to drink lots of water and vomit. Gross, but the only solution is to get it completely out of my stomach. Once you realize which foods are causing the reaction, you never want to experience that again. Watch for the other foods. They are latex allergy foods. ***this post is edited by
moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***
Please read our Terms of Use

I've been feeling a itching sensation in my throut the las few time I had avocado, I'm highly allergic to kiwi. Should I be careful with the avocado, is this a sign?

Thanks I have no problem with avocado but was told that if Iam latex sensitive I should not eat bananas, so I haven't eaten a banana in years

sounds interesting...

do you have the same problem if you wanna eat tomatos or sauerkraut?

If yes, u could be sensitive to histamine! I would recommend to go to your allergist and ask for several tests. Could be fructose as well. By having a histamine intolerance I would try Daosin if needed!

best of luck

Umm, allergic to histamine? That's exactly what causes allergic reactions.....histamine. That's why people take anti-histamines when having a mild to moderate allergic reaction.

Hi you sound like you have a latex allergy like me. My worst reactions are from kiwi, banana and hazelnuts.