Hmm, I guess that I will have to say goodbye to seafood since it looks like I am allergic to shrimps. I ate those last night and now I have a serious lip swelling. I really did not eat seafood in a while but I do like it, so can you tell me if I might be allergic to lobsters too if I am allergic to shrimp?

I think that there is a great possibility that you are allergic to lobsters too, since those both species come from the same group of sea creatures. Of course, this is not 100% for sure, so the smartest thing now is to do the allergen test series and see what other allergies might troubling you. Perhaps there is still hope for you, there are many other types of seafood left.

i am allergic to shrimp, and ate lobster once for my high school graduation dinner and found out i was allergic to it. So you can be allergic to the iodine. My brother told me that he can eat calamari and scallops. I am too scared to risk it.

fab

After many years of eating shrimp, I can't eat it anymore along with lobster and crab. But I have found out I can eat mussels, clams and scallops. I chanced the mussels and scallops and I had to remember that I could eat clam chowder. Don't risk shrimp, lobster or crab and get an allergy test. I'm scheduling one for next month for myself.

i am extremely allergic to shrimp, and i fif the allergy test and it says nothing about lobster. Me and my girlfriend want to go to red lobster because neither of us have ever ate lobster. but i am kind of scared cause what if i get allergys in the middle of the date and swell up. please respond

get a really small amount of lobster and just try and taste a tiny bit. any tingling feeling then stop and do not swallow.(does depend on your definition of extreme allergy - do you break out at just the smell of shrimp cooking for example or only when you eat it?).

I get allergic reactions to shrimp/prawns, but have had no problem with Lobster, Crayfish, Crab etc - i dont eat heaps, but i will pick at them off a seafood platter. So its definetly possible to be ok.

I wouldnt make a habit out of eating a lot of any crustaceans tho.

There is a possibilty that you might be. I'm allergic to shrimp but I have no allergic reactions when i eat lobster(I love lobster) <3.

kropper, when you eat shrimp did your throat tightened and almost couldn't breathe? just asking coz it happened to me twice when i ate shrimp but i want to try lobster but im scared... pls advice, thanks :)

I have been giving my son all kinds of sea food since he was a toddler because I eat A LOT of it and I didnt want him to be a picky eater later on. Just recently he got hives after eating squid/crayfish on two seperate occasions. He didnt have difficulty breathing I think it was more alarming to me seeing his face break out. I gave him a dose of liquid benedryl and it cleared right up. I took him to an allergist and he tested positive for allergies to both lobster/clams. I also took him to get a blood test so they could test for just about every kind of sea food and also to see how severe his reactions were. My son asked the doctor if this means he wouldnt be able to eat sea food anymore? And his doctor told him we will wait on the blood test, but odds are he will be ok eating it because he doesnt have any severe allergies to it. Made my son very happy to hear! 

i eat the calamari and scallops with no problem shrimp will kill me takes my airway i want to try lobster but afraid

not necessary im allergic to shrimp and it cause severe swelling in my face but i can get lobster all day.....

Similar story... one day I was eating yummy shrimp and my stomach hurt the rest of the night. I found the same goes for lobster too. Very minor reaction, but not gonna chance it and it does hurt. So, I don't plan to test it out on crawfish, which are very similar. I can eat crabs and any type of muscles/clams/etc... though.

Since your lip swelled I'd go to an allergy place and do one of those grid tests on your skin. You might end up risking a bite of muscles and end up in the hospital.

I like a few and am extremely allergic to shrimp, as well as fish, but can eat lobster without a problem. Like another person posted, I too can eat clams & scallops. The doctor explained they are in the mollusk family and should be tolerable for those with shellfish allergies. The best bet is to get tested before trying.

Yes if your allergic to shrimp then your definitely allergic to lobster, because I too am allergic to shrimp. After taking the Allergen Test, the doctor told me that I'm allergic Shellfish, so pretty much you can't shrimp, lobster, crab, or oyster. They all have a shell and biological speaking their all relatives to each other, like cousins.

I am extremely allergic to shrimps myself. I found out in 1993. I bought a shrimp box as usual from captain D's. I ate two and had a bad reaction. Went to hospital and doctor said no more shellfish. Allergic to iodine. Shrimp is high n iodine. I eat lobsters, crabs, fish OK! I can't have a lot of seasoning on them either. Same thing happens. I look like the rock monster if I do. I have not had shrimp since then. Not even the juice.