Hello, folks. I have been wearing some nickel jewelry for years. Lately I have noticed that there is a skin rash on the places where I wear it. I would like to know if jewels with nickel can cause the allergic reaction. I would appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hello. Yes, allergic reactions can be caused by jewels with nickel. In fact, nickel allergy is one of the most common ones. Allergy can appear immediately after exposure or after some period of time. You should contact your dermatologist. He will see whether you have contact dermatitis. Treatment usually consists of corticosteroids, wet compresses, antihistamines and moisturizing crème. Your dermatologist will set this. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

yes, it can. in fact i get the allergic reaction. i only ever get it on the sides of my neck it looks like lots of red dots close 2gether. i was told me a docter that if it si pendant (say a cross) that actually has the nickel in it that if u get clear nail polish/varnnish and pain the back of it it actually stops the reaction :-D