I have heard that some companies have an urine test as a part of a job interview. Is that true? I mean, in my case, Zoloft was found in urine drug test last time I checked it. Now I am concerned about y future possible job. I mean, can they do those tests? Then again, when I think about it, perhaps I would not want to hire someone who uses antidepressants, what efficiency would I expect from that worker?

I think that you are making a mistake. Medications are supposed to help you maintain a good quality of life, meaning that they should make you quite capable of performing your jobs tasks. I know several people who do not put on their job application form any medication they are using, especially antidepressants. Look at it this way if you are not capable of doing the job that would be found out eventually, if your employees are satisfied with you, then everyone is happy and of course, they really do not need to know about your Zoloft then.

I think you may have misinformed this person. I started taking Zoloft for the first time about 1 week ago. Today, for the first time, my urine tested positive for benzos. This is the only thing I've done differently since my last drug test. Zolof can cause the employment physical to test positive for benzos, if in fact they do test for that.

Thank you

Dear Guest,

I feel your pain!!!I just failed a 10 panel drug screen for a pre employment due to zoloft(Generic Sertraline 25 mg daily)I tested positive for benzos.The medical review officer laughed when when I told him it had to be a mistake. I have never been so humiliated in all my life.I never take meds that are not prescribed to me.Hope your job search goes well.Pfizer should be sued for not disclosing this information about Zoloft!!!