does suboxone show up on urine tests?

Does anyone have answer to whether suboxone shows up on drug test? My husband has been in recovery for 10 months from heroin addiction and is on suboxone. He just came up positive on a home drug test for oxycontin. Can suboxone show up as oxy or is he suing oxy. Need help I have an 11 month old baby and I don't trust him around the baby until I know for sure

I hate to tell you this..but suboxone can only be detected if you test for it..it DOES NOT SHOW UP AS OPIATES, MORPHENE, OR OXY'S

...my sister just a drug test with the social services for the custody of her daughter because she had suboxone in her system.... it was the only thing she tested positive for... And suboxone has a 36 hour half-life... which means that half the drug is still in your blood after 36 hours.... so be careful with this "miracle drug." It may just be the next methadone.

Guest wrote:

kat21 wrote:

That is c**p I got tested for drugs in IOP it doesn't show a difference if it herion Oxys Percs Vics Buprenorphine or what ever. they all show up as the same cause they are all the same they are all opiates with different chem additives to it but all in all it all shows up as the same on a drug test. I know this for fact cause I have been beating and getting over court, state classes and Intensive out P. rehab.

Actually I had to take a drug test for my job at the hospital.I have been on suboxone for a year now.It didn't show up on the test I was given.And I know for a fact it has to be specifically tested for.It is a semi-synthetic drug.People aren't wrong it could be the next methadone but it isn't as addictive if not abused(the difference is methadone is a synthetic opioid).where as heroin & morphine are compounds. If you are serious about being clean the best thing to do is tapper yourself off the drug people mentally get addicted to it.I can admit I do that to myself.I only take a quarter of a quarter piece a day sometime I wait a few days.I could go without.But it is mentally that is killing me.Knowing I have it and not taking sometimes I make myself sick.But You have to make that decision to really be clean for it to work.And if you are seeing a good doctor he will tell you how to tapper so you don't get so sick.You can't just stop taking it.especially if your taking a whole pill 2-3 times daily. That is usually how they start you off.

First off You're a dumbass for sayin this.. Sub/Bup is completely different from morphine, methedone, oxys, percs and all that. Get your facts straight! I've been on both Methedone (for 3yrs)and now I'm on subox for 3 months so I know from personal experience and much research. Suboxone is a combination of Bupenophine and Naloxone and the ONLY way for it to come up on a drug test is if they SPECIFICALLY test for Bupenorphine. I take DOT regulated drug test 4 times a month and I know several people that are in TASC and Prob. That are on Subox and they have NO PROBLEMS with they're drug tests and if we did, I wouldn't have a job and they would be in jail! Now EVERY DRUG can be abused but if you're in a legit program and taking it as prescribed it wouldn't matter job wise or prob. wise because your not your own doctor and its legaly documented.

Now as for the first post I'm sorry to say I agree with the other post. If your husband came up positive for opiates, he's still on them unfortunately. But for the other guest, keep your 2 cent opinions cause you're absoltely wrong. While your on the computer do some more research before you post what you think are facts. Start here: WWW.SUBOXONE.COM

People...People, people, people. Suboxone is a drug to control pain. BUT, there is something in it to block you from getting high. They give it to recovering drug addicts to keep them from getting high. Even if you take something to get high on while taking suboxone it wont work.

I am a health care professional in Michigan. My truck driver patients always ask me if Suboxone will show up on their DOT urine testing. I don't know what to tell them. I would appreciate your anonymous testimonials.
THANKS!

OK well I've been 'clean' for just over seven years now and it has been a hard road. I started my recovery at a methadone clinic.At first they said it would take 6 months but after 3 months they said I was a 'lifer'and would need to be on meth for my WHOLE life.I was brainwashed by that point so I agreed and continued paying 110.00$ a week for 3 and a half years.I was up to 105 milligrams and had 6 "take-homes" a week.then after a urine test they said I failed for "benzo's"I got pissed because I knew I was clean.They took my "take homes" away until they re-tested my urine .this almost cost me my job then 4 days later they appologized and said the sleeping pills i was taking gave my test a false reading.I was so pissed i told the "nurse"to F***-off and that i would never be back.3 days later i started suboxone which put me into pre-cipitated withdrawals and i ended up in the emergency rm.my suboxone doc was mad that i lied about the meth but gave me another chance and I've been on ever since.suboxone has literaly saved my life and i recomend it over methadone if you are serious about wanting to get your life back together.I started suboxone at 24 miilgrams (1 8mg pill three times a day)and i got down to 3 milligrams (half of a 2 mg pill three times a day)in about 8 months. I'm staying at 3 mg (over 3 years now) because this is where I am comfortable and my doc (reluctantly) agrees.with methadone i started at 30mg. and they just kept on wanting to raise my dose I felt like they were my drug dealer trying to get me more "hooked"but my suboxone doc really seems to have MY best intrests in mind.if your at the end of the line or your "rock bottom"find a good suboxone doctor and give it a try

Ok I hear more people say that Suboxone WIL NOT show up, is that TRUE? I'm taking about 3/4's of a pill a day and have a test today. Will it show or not?
Thanks for all you guys help, Opiate free is the only way to live.... I overdosed on Methadone and alcohol 3 times and almost died all three times.
It's not worth the risk.

Thanks for the info... I have an imp. position I am trying to get and I found the information helpful b/c now I can sleep at nite without wondering if I'm gonna be accused of being on something illegal. For the most part, I seem to understand that suboxone will not show up on a standard drug test. What a relief!

Well this girl was asking if it shows up as oxycotin and the answer is YES it does. I have been taking it for two years now and to test and see if you have suboxone in your system yes you do have to take a different test but if you take some drug tests, say a 5 panel it will show up as oxycotin sometimes it depends on the test. My doctor explained this to me and I actually had to pass up a good job b/c I was afraid I was going to fail for oxys and that would have been pretty embarrassing. So that does not mean that your husband was taking oxys don't worry b/c it CAN show up sometimes. That doesn't mean that you don't have to take a different test to see if actual suboxone is in you system b/c you do but it will show up as oxys. HTH hun!!! Hey and if some of you don't believe me than ask a pharmacist or a Dr. I bet they will tell you the same.

To SuboxManStaysClean THANK YOU SO MUCH I am so sick of people comparing Suboxone to methadone and so forth. I have been on suboxone for about six months and it saved my life. I have already started to taper myself off of it. My life has completely changed since I started my program, I have a 2 year old daughter and I can finally be the MOM I always wanted to be. Thanks again!! And to KAT21 I'm sorry but yes he is taking pills and I say this because OXY was my drug of choice before I got clean and it will RUIN your life. Sorry and GOOD Luck!!!

Yes Suboxne does show up positive on home drug test under Oxy I know this for a fact. I was clean for a year on suboxne I had an employer interview and could not find info, on the web about drug results so took a home test. I swear I had not taken anything and I showed up positive for OXY. Talked to my Dr. and he said it could do that. Do not be mad at your husband he could be using but I swear it happened to me. I am a young lady with 2 kids and understand the affects of drugs I would not lie to your about this. If he swears to it believe him do not listen to the other people it did happen to me as well.

ADJ