My brother is a drug addict. He has been on a heroin for two years, and then he started to use methadon in a Methadone Maintenance Program. Last week he stopped using Methadon, and now he wants to apply for a work in some agency. I don’t know why, but one of the tests he must pass is the urine test. Can you tell me, how long does methadone stay in the body?

In urine test, methadone can be detected from 3-5 days, but that is something that is individual, can vary from person to person, from test to test, and it also can depend from the amount of the taken drug. But, in my opinion I think that is best for him to inform the people from HR team about his problem, because the best way to get job is sometimes just to be honest. Best luck!

HOw long is it detectable in GC/MS urine test?

okay, first of all you are NOT required to tell any employer you are on methadone. Infact, most companies do not test for it because finding it may lead to discrimination of the individual taking it. THey have to do a special test to find methadone. You can tell them about the methadone if you want, but you are intitled to your privacy as anyone else. I do not know where you are from , but the chances of them being able to test for methadone in ones system is rare unless they are specifically looking to find it. It costs the company more money as well to test for this hidden drug so to speak, and we all know how cheap our employers are aye? just kidding about the cheap part. But I rellllllly dont think he would have had to stop taking it, they wouldnt test for it I am almost possitive. Oh, about 72 hours the methadone is in system, that is why withdrawl does not usually show its ugly head until about the third day without it. Good Day. Kristie

As for methadone testing for employment reasons it is true methadone does not show up as a opiate it has to be specifically tested for. Most employers do not test for it. If your e a legiton a maintinance program, or have a legitimate a prescription, it is not illegal. to refuse employment to someone on the basis of legal methadone use is against the Americans with disabilities act , the same goes for firing someone for this reasons.

can methadon poisoning agitate the patiant?

fauteux wrote:

I am on methadone, and you are not required to tell employers that you are on it. And yes, there is a special test which is sort of expensive that tests for methadone and only methadone. Most companies are not that interested in it, they would probably rather have someone on that than heroin.

I was going to school and was subject to taking drug tests because of clinicals I might have to preform. Why I was tested this semester, I have no idea, because this was just for classes in the college. But I was, and The test came back positive for having taken 5mg of Methadone the day before. I was dismissed, or shall I say they ( Bevill College) withdrew me. I have migraines, I was also on Topamax, a seizure medicine. They were unconcerned with whether I had seizures or not. So becareful what you take. It doesn't pay to be honest.

So far this information posted has been incorrect and misrepresetative of actual clinical research studies. The short of it is that Methadone taken orally can be detected for up to 10 full days from ingestion date. If you need to help rid yourself of methadone you can drink plenty of water and vigorous excercise. This may bring the detection period down 1 or 2 days from 10 maximum.

I hope this helps you all.
LT MD

All information I've read is close but inaccurate and I assume anyone who is concerned about a urinealysis would want to know the correct information.

Clinical studies on human subject render results of methadone staying in system (through urine screening of 300ng or more) of anywhere from 4 to 10 full days. If you want, you may consume plenty of water and perform vigorous aerobic excercise to reduce the time by .5 to 1.5 days maximum. For a slender person the time is less, average to heavy subjects will be at the high end of the time frame.

I hope that helps.

DTK

methadone does stay in your body a lot longer than 2-3 days as the other pills or liquids do. It is tested specifically for the metabolite that it produces. It is a slow exiting drug that can show up in your system even up to 3 weeks after taking it. Depending on the persons size, how much was taken and for how long. Hope this helps.

I have read in so many different place that methadone stays in your system 1-3 days then I read somewhere else 1-7, then the post above this said 10 days max. I took 60 milligrams of methadone 11 days ago. It is only the third time time I have ever taken the stuff. I took an off the shelf drug test today and it is still in my system!!

Just thought i would let some of you un-informed people know about methodone and urine analyse. I just lost my job over it. ALL 12 PANEL TESTS CHECK FOR IT!! All companies due to the price do not do a 12 panel test,but who wants to ask before donating a sample? My advise due to losing a job is simply this! No prescription no test!!!!!!!!!!!! until you are clean. Rolling the dice can follow you for years!!!!!!

i have failed a test at 9 days. they dont test for it usually, but some tests will show you positive for opiates, but not all tests.
i would tell him to wait and NOT tell his potential employer, would you hire someone who said they took methadone for 2 years and has been off 1 week?
im a drug addicit detoxing from methadone right now, and i wouldnt!
withdrawal symptoms can last 3 weeks!