how long does methadone take to get out of my sysem so i can pass a drug test

8-| Could you please help me and answer the question I need to be answered. I am just curious on how long Methadone stays in your system to take a drug test. Thank you for your help or is there something you can drink or take so it doesn't show up in a drug test. Sincerely, Olangedry _[removed]_

i have taken several drug tests for jobs before and i know for a fact that they do not test for methadone. most employers do the basic drug test and from what the methadone clinic told me methadone does not show up as an opiate in urine tests. so they have to do a specific test for methadone to detect it and thats very very rare. hope this helps

For the person who answered that most drug screens don't test for methadone, what state is that in? I'm in Texas & I'm pretty sure they use the 10 panel test, which includes methadone. Does anyone know for sure? Especially for Texas?

for the person wanting to know how long methadone stays in the body for the answer is 3 days. i have been on methadone for 2 years. also most places dont test for methadone i had drug tests for jobs and the methadone didnt show up. they have to specificly test for that and its rare. (audcamgia from new york)

I have been taking Methadone for 6 years and I can tell you that most jobs don't test for it. I however get tested frequently by my doctor. They test to make sure that you are taking the medication appropriately and not giving it out on the street. My doctor also wants to make sure that while you are taking the drug you are not taking other street drugs. I don't know the levels, but I do know when they test you for it, If your level is above 500 for an opiate your test will show positive, if it is under 500 your test will show a negative for opiates. I am interested in if taken in long term how long it will stay in your system and if the levels will increase or decrease? Does it stay in your system for only 3 days if you take it once? If you take it all month how long will it stay in your system? I am guessing more than 3 days

methadone does not show.I had a 5 panel and passed.I take 40mg aday and there also is a product at my health food store that my son uses and he has never ever failed

All I can tell you is that Methadone has a long half life. If you take it Monday, then on Tuesday, you have 50% in your system -by Wednesday its cut in half to 25%....Thursday 12.5% and so on....Hope this helps. I did a lot of research for my husband, who is just on his 3rd day off of it and MISERABLE...with just about every side effect I've read about!! I hate this drug. Best of luck to you!

This may sound strange, but i had an issue keeping methadone in my system, I keept comeing up with nothing in my system when the methadone clinic drug tested me, as they do so offten. Thank god I had a good counselor, whom was willing to help me figure out why I was showing up with less methadone in my system than what the clinic was giveing me (110mg). Simply, we found out that the reson this was happening was due to just simply sitting in the sauna at the gym two or three times a week just sucked it right out of me, unbeleaveablely quick. give it a try, cant hurt. Remember that methadone stores in ur liver, and normally takes 24 to 72 hours to empty liver, but as I stated a sauna will pull it out much faster than 24 to 72 hours.

I have been on methadone for 10 years. When I moved to a new state and was looking for a new dr. I found that they all wanted to test my urine to see if I was taking it or maybe selling it?? Anyway everytime he would test it...I would come up negative. It made me feel a little crazy because I was taking it. I fought to prove him wrong and I sat in his office and took my dose of 130mg and he tested me and hour later and then a few more times. It always came up negative. But at least he saw I was taking it. Finally he called my old doctor and he told him that after you have been on it for so long it doesn't show up, he also said the general urine drug screen wouldn't pull it up on anyone. You have to do a special blood screen for it because it is synthetic. Hope that helps!@

i am an infrequent user of methadone. i go for weeks at a time without using it. then i use it more heavily. perhaps 30-50mg a day for a few days at a time.

i stopped using it for a week. i had a pension physical at my job. the methadone did show up. i am 5'1 and weigh 135lbs.

if you are receiving a 10 panel test, most likely they will include this as one of the drugs tested for. i live in Florida

Just to let you know, all these answers about not testing for methadone is false! My fiance just tested for a new job and they tested for methadone and because they found it, he FAILED the drug screen and didn't get the job! Don't jeapordize your work status if you are drug screening and don't want them to know make sure it is out of your system before you test. I live in California and what I was told is they test for opiates and if that comes up positive, they will run more detailed tests....good luck!

ive taken methadone once or twice a week for a few months (friends methadone take home dose) and methadone showed up 10 days after i took the last dose which was like 20 mg.... i was taking 170 MG liquid tho.. this was at rehab and they thought i was using in the rehab but it just lingered in my system for a while... but i heard its 1-4 days..

5 panel drug tests only test for THC, PCP, Meth/Amphetamines, Cocaine and Opiates. Since Methadone is synthetic, it does not show positive as an opi. You are correct that all 10, 12 and 16 panel drug screens do test for methadone in every state. I'm not sure where some people get their info, but this information can be validated my googling '10 panel drug screen'.

What about in Missouri for parole tests?