hi, i recently started taking zoloft a few weeks ago .... now i feel im having loss of taste and smell .... severely .... weird taste and can hardly smell at all ... is this normal ...will it come back ...have you ever heard of that before taking zoloftCode:

Hi Johnny,
I too am having a problem with taste and smell since starting zoloft one week ago. Are you still having loss of taste symptoms? What did you find out about this?

I have been taking Zoloft 50 mg and one week after I started it, I lost my sense of taste completely. It's very distressing. I can just about distinguish between hot and cold food. I noticed your your messages were posted a long time ago, but I'm wondering if you got your sense of taste back after a while or if anyone else knows about this. Hoping for a reply very soon.

Has anyone had any success getting their senses of smell and taste to return. I am not at all happy that I have lost ALL sense of smell and all but the basic sense of taste (bitter, sweet, salty, sour). Someone recommended I take B6 to regenerate the nerves but I am hoping someone can tell me if there is any chance of my senses returning.

Hi 'Guest',
I sympathize with you. I lost my sense of taste when I tried Zoloft last September and even though I stopped Zoloft, it still hasn't come back! Doctors say it can't have anything to do with SSRIs but I wonder. In October I tried another one for a short while - Ceropram ( I think it's the same as Celexa) and surpisingly my sense of taste returned the first week I took it but disappeared on the 9th day. Because of that and other side effects, I stopped taking it and I'm still suffering from the taste loss and other health problems. I haven't lost my sense of smell but I have the same problems as you with taste. It's really distressing and I'm desperately trying to find a remedy. Now I have a box of Prozac which I'm supposed to take for fibromylagia pains etc but due to my bad experiences with other SSRIs I haven't plucked up the courage to swallow the first one although people I know have got on well with this and other SSRIs with very few side effects.

Please let me know how you get on with Vitamin B6 and whether or not you find any other remedies.

I lost my sense of smell and in turn almost all taste in 2008 after taking Zoloft for only about a month. I quit taking the medication as soon as I realized what has happened. I still have not regained any sense of smell. I heard peppermint oil could help. I tried smelling the oil regularly and drinking it in water for several weeks but found no results. Has anyone had any luck since these original posts?

Did someone got their taste or smell back?
Hope for an answer soon!
Caretina

How did it go?
Do you still don't have any taste?

Did you recover? Please let me now... I a in the same situation....
Caretina

Did your senses come back ?

Did you recover ?