I had my thyroid removed two weeks ago. Since then I've lost my sense of taste. Is there anything I can do to get it back?

I also had my thyroid completly removed two weeks ago and have loss of taste. My water tastes wierd and salty.(bottled types only)Food just seems a bother to me anymore. I still do eat, but no appitite to speak of. I have a problem, eating somethimg that I can only feel the texture of in my mouth. Ichie, yuckey stuff. Anyone else?

My sense of taste was definately changed. Anything I thought was spicy before is now unbearable. Anything with pepper has got to be kept at absolute minimum. And just in general, things I liked before, I couldn't care less about now. My complete surgery was in June '06

I had a complete thyroidectomy a couple of weeks ago and I have noticed a decrease in my sense of taste as well.  It's not significant, but there obviously has been a noticeable difference.

I'm right there with you. I had my thyroid removed 2 weeks ago and I am really trying to eat but everything taste like yuck. I feel like I don't know what I'm eating. So far ice cream is the only thing that taste normal but I can't live off of that.

Have your doctor check your potassium , zinc and magnesium levels. I had this same problem but loss my Sense of smell too

I had surgery a week ago, have lost my taste for food and drinks. I can eat icecream! Maybe it will help me lose weight

I am experiening this asc well. My thyroid was removed 2 weeks ago. My smell is all jazzed up....my taste buds too!! I see my Endo tomorrow. I will make mention of this.

Yes ! I am experiencing the same phenomena , I have difficulty wanting to eat and often , when I finally choose something , I'm not satisfied with the taste ..any solutions .. is it to do with the dosage off medication we have to take ? AB Ireland

Same here!! Mine removed 2 weeks ago?! Did it come right

I lost my sense of smell,and taste complete Thyroidectomy back in Oct 2010. Its bever came back. It has its pros an cons.

Same here. Loss of appetite. Food taste salty. All I could eat was halos.

my sense of smell is practically gone, as well. MY SENSE OF TASTE IS ALL OFF. Does it ever come back?