I don't know what to do. I woke up a few days ago with a severely limited sense of taste and smell, which all started at the end of a major cold that I was, ironically, just getting over. I have been looking all over the internet but haven't found anything that could explain what happened to me yet. Can you help? Do you have any idea what this could be and whether my sense of smell and taste will come back any time soon?

I think that you would need to be worried if you HAD NOT recently had that terrible cold you mentioned, but because you did, I am nearly 100 per cent convinced that the loss of smell and taste that you are experiencing at the moment are connected to that cold, and that they will come back normally within a week. This has happened to me on occasions as well, and I am fine now!