I was doing oxycodone 10/325 7x a day for the past 5 yrs and decided 13 days ago to quit cold turkey. I was precribed them by my dr for my back pain. He gave me a script for 300 a month. I did about 7 of them a day. Well my past dr visit he told me I have 90 days to find another dr cuz of a law that passed something about he can't give out pain pills long term anymore. So that was on a Friday and Saturday I took like 4 sunday I took 3 and monday I quit completely. I am on 13th day clean. I wish I would of never taken them from beginning cuz the past 5 yrs on them I wasn't living the healthy life I should of been. I never bought any but didn't need to since dr gave me 10 a day to take even tho I only took 7 but that was too Many. Every 2 hrs I would watch the clock and take a pill. I even had them in my pocket counted for the day so if I knew i would have plans I would make sure I had my pain pills on me to take every 2 hrs so I knew I had a problem but I was always afraid of withdrawals. So I am happy my dr told me he wasn't giving them to me anymore cuz that's what I needed to kick the habit. So I had restless leg syndrome 1st night and not even my muscle relaxer and ambien helped me sleep. 2nd day diaerra started so I got amodium right away because I was at work and I drive all day. 3rd day I called off work and was sick all day and I think it was worse cuz i was alone and bored and the mind game was the worse. 4th day kinda similar but I went work to keep mind off. So all 4 days I couldn't eat or even smoke. Drank lots of water and Gatorade. 5th day I was feeling better and even ate but I had diarrhea after I ate. It's getting better day by day but I have little energy and I'm trying to stay busy so I can keep my mind off it. I just want my energy back and be a fun person again and not let pills live my life. Im taking it day by day. I am a strong willed person so that has helped. I wanna have a couple kids and at 31 yrs old I don't have any and I knew I couldn't get pregnant while I was on pain pills. The hard part right now is depression and no energy and mind games! Any suggestions on energy let me know cuz i don't think coffee and energy drinks help me.

b6, b12, multivitamins and st johns wort..st johns is a good anti depressant and the other stuff with help with enegery-cvs usually has good deals going on and Walgreens too. congrats! stay string :)

I have also been on Percocet for 5 years but I stopped taking it on July21, 2012! What DID help he was to SLOWLY reduce the dosages AND I started taking Tramadol. I went through hell but it only lasts @ 2 weeks. If you REALLY put your mind to it and PRAY it can be done. I won!! Tell people your plans and they will cheer you on. It is amazing how much phantom pain I was having when the percs wore off!. I would friggin PANIC! But I found that OTC meds like 800mg of Ibruprofen, work just as well. Ibruprofen reduces the inflamation, Percs only MASK the pain. Its like putting a bandaid on a wart. The only thing I suffer from now is depression. I will have to increase my Prozac + talk to my doctor. Remember,It CAN BE done and you will reap great victory and freedom!! iI also suffer from lack of energy. I already take Prozac so I started to INCREASE my dose and it DID help. A little word of advice, lack of energy is one sign of depression .Take plenty of B12, fish oil, and increase your exercise.This helps me. I also take D3 "the sunshine vitamin". If I could be somewhat spiritual, PRAY! God does care about us and he WANTS us to be at our best! Depression can also come from the Devil. If you reconize that the enemy is tormenting you with negative thoughts, fret not, that his job. God is superior and once you reconize where the negative thoughts come from, you CAN rebuke them! Sorry to get so religious but I am a true believer in Christ and his mighty power and love for us.

You're not only strong-willed, but listening to and understanding your body. You're right about coffee as long as it's 2 cups in the morning, but please stop the enregy drinks. They do far more harm than good, adn right now you don't need that.

To replenish your body and get it back on track (as well as your fun-loving self), opt for one (Dannon) OIKO peach yogurt for the diarrhea. That will calm your digestive system, re-hab your instestines, and ease you away from the diarrhea.

For your energy: vitamins D-3 1000 mg a day; Vitamin-C Complex 500 mg (with zinc and magnesium); Vitamin-B Complex and every 3rd day skip it and take a Vitamin- B Complex with B-12; Vitamin-E 400 mg IF you do not have cardiac problems. In addition, make sure you have at least 1/4 cup of fruit (I buy frozen), green veggies, stick to whole wheat (at least for a while) and avoid white bread and corn, salad with fresh parsley and some chopped veggies or roast a potato (or sweet potato, and a few vegetables with olive oil. Add fish, chicken and beef from the butcher in small quantities. Use fresh lemon and pepper often.

Between those vitamins and the food, you should see a difference in your energy sooner than you think. :-)

There's a very simple answer to restless leg and getting a good night's sleep. When first this was advocated, I didn't believe it, but it works better than ANY drug: About 20-30 minutes before bed, drink at least 4 ounces of Tonic Water with Quinine, available in most grocery stores. Sleep deprivation eases its way into depression. We need at least 7-8 hours sleep every night, at least a 20 minute walk every day, and to LAUGH several times a day.

If you're waking up during the night and find yourself gasping for breath, or waking up fatigued after all of the above, you might ask your doctor to send you to an over-night sleep clinic (usually a local hospital has one) to determine how much (or little) oxygen your body is getting at night. There is a simple remedy for that ... while you sleep.

So start sending your brain a message that you ARE on the mend and for IT to hurry up and send that message to the rest of your body. Remember that the brain interprets what we think and feel as the GPS for how the rest of the body should function. Think FUNK, and funk is what we get! Think postively with a warm and fuzzy attitude about how well you're doing with each passing day, and good it feels emotionally. Of course, that means giving anxiety, and boo-hoo's about the past a good kick out the front door before you flip it closed and take a deep breath of relief.

Be good to You ... do fun things, plan a trip, light a candle with dinner and have a cupcake!

I don't recommend St John's Wort. It had adverse affect on too many people, and right now your body is busy enough mending itself so you can be that energized, smiling, happy you.

There's one other thin I hope you will do. Call the Narcotics Unit in your police department and give them the name of the MD that was plying you with narcotics. The fact he needed the fear of losing his license ONLY after a law was passed, was no excuse for operating a Pill Mill and endangering your life and probably others. He took an Oath, and was well aware his pill pushing was unethical without a law to threaten him -- and his utter lack of ethics and responsibility to you.

NoPillTaker.

This is a lot of useful information. Very insightful post. :)

Thanks for advice!