My husband has been on Soboxone for 4 years and seeing a doctor. It has been getting too expensive plus having to drive one hour and take off work to go see him and wait another two hours in the office became too much for my husband. His doctor cut him dow from 3 pills a day to two last year . My husband just decided to not go to the doctor anymore and detox himself with the rest and went down to one pill a day until now he has 9 nine days without the soboxone. I read that Soboxone alone can be addicting, so that is another reason my husband decided to detox himself. It has been hard for him , no energy, restless, cant sleep maybe three hours had diarrehea. I have him on the vitamins that he needs to detox like calcium, multi vitamin, b12 1000 mg, l-tyrosine supplement and vitamin c 1000 mg. I have been doing my research to get my husband through this. Last night for the first night he has been able to sleep better,and went to work. He gets into the jacuzzi every day to relax and I have tried to feed him very healthy meals and not letting him do anything at all when he gets out of work. He dragged himself to work this morning after a long weekend since he didnt go on Friday because he was really feeling bad. This is the nineth day and just wondering how much longer will this detox be going on? My husband has always been very athletic and does weights and goes to the gym with me , but now he is completely helpless and feeling extremely bad. I will help my husband through this with my support and love. I know this was the right decision.

Suboxone is a monster. I have detoxed off of every drug you can imagine and after nearly 10 years of being on suboxone it has been by far the worst in what it did to me and how long the after effects of detox are.

In the beginning it was like a miracle drug in that it took away all desire for drugs and alcohol. however my choice to take the easier path led to my own disaster. The apathy and the listless feelings I felt in the beginning taking the drug never passed for me and I became more and more tired.

Soon I went to a sleep doctor and had an overnight sleep test, I thought I was going to be given one of those CPAP machines. in reality the doctor told me that I didnt go into REM sleep. without going in to REM and the deeper sleep states, you will feel tired almost all the time. finally they treated my symptoms with provigil then Nuvigil and ritalin in the end even these strong drugs that I had to take the max of did nothing to keep my ind clear and I was losing my ability to function and do a jo I have done all my life.

I worked in clinical drug trials and I saw over a year ago that a formulation of Bupenorphine was causing non-restorative sleep disorder in 25% of the patients and alarm bells went off. I tried to stop the suboxone but found that it wasnt an easy drug to get off of.

Finally about 4 monhs ago I'd had enough and became willing to do whatever it took to get off of the drug. I stopped cold turkey and what insued during the next 6 weeks was quite possibly the worst experience of my life (I have had menangitis and kidney stones - both of which I would take together over coming off of suboxone).

Pain was the name of the game and it was dished out in copious amounts. I had ativan to help out (6mg daily, but in the end the only way I could sleep was by drinking)

I am 60 days clean from the alcohol and 110 days from my last dose of suboxone. My memory of the last 10 years is foggy and my energy is lower than I would like but I am back in the gym. some say it will be a year before I feel completely normal, some say 2 years. regardless I no longer take anything. I no longer feel depressed or apathetic and am able to live a fairly normal life. I am looking forward to my body feeling as good as my mind does but patience and willingness is the key here.

Hope this helps

Mark

How long did it take you to detox from soboxone? My husband is on his 9th day and has no energy at all.

Mark, My husband was on Suboxone for 4 years and decided to detox himself. He is on his 23 day and still has no energy. He has dragged himself to work. Would you know how long it will take him to feel normal again and get all his energy? . I tell him he needs to try to get exercise in. He has done weights all his life and we used to go to the gym together . YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT. I know your patience ,like my husbands gets low, but you need to kieep on.