Hello, I have been anxious and depressed for a long time. I have used several medicines, and some of them helped me, but not enough. I still have a problem to talk to people, especially when there are more than two persons involved in conversation. I am thinking of using oxycodone, but I am not shore if it helps with anxiety and depression. Has anyone with the same condition as me used this drug?

Oxycodone might help you with anxiety and depression. There are certainly people who have taken oxycodone for physical pain only to notice that it also helped their depression and anxiety. However, while it is one of the best pain killers out there, I don't think you should just start using oxycodone for depression and anxiety!

Are you currently in treatment for your depression and anxiety? If so, please discuss this with your psychologist or psychiatrist, or your family doctor as a starting point if not. Don't just start taking it on your own. You will want medical monitoring and the green light that this is OK for you to take before you do anything. 

Hello, my anxiety seizures began when I was 27 years old. My condition was getting worse, until I tried oxycodone in a combination with some antidepressants. It really worked for me, even it is not usually used for this kind of conditions. It is actually a painkiller pill. However, I am not that worried and stressed as before and I can sleep at night without crying and thinking of all the bad things. Oxycodone is a strong opioid analgesic medication, wich is often sold in combination with aspirin, so if you’re allergic, be aware of that! It is one of the most powerful medications for relieving pain,and it has similar effects to morphine and heroin. So if you choose to try this drug, be aware of addiction!

I use oxycodone for pain management and anxiety/depression. I can tell you that it works great for me. The combination I use is Percocet and Cymbalta... and I have seen much improvement over where I used to be.

I am pretty sure this would work for anyone. I have chronic pain from a badly broken wrist and mild depression, and I gotta say the drug combo I'm doing is very helpful.

I find this all very intersting but there is no literature to support any of the claims. I asked my doc about this after taking percocet for about 2 months for a slipped disc. i take welbrutin as well and for some reason, my depression seems to be much improved when i'm on it and I can actually FOCUS much better (helps my concentration dramatically). i wish there was a doctor out there who could explain this phenomenon to me. most docs dont understand.

I'm going to talk to my doc about oxycodone with my current Lexapro treatment. There's an article from the American Journal of Psychiatry, published in Dec. 1999, referencing the benefits of prescribing Oxycodone for depression with certain patients.

The link: http://opioids.com/antidepressant/opiate.html

chronic pain relief and depression relief...can feel the depression med working...have a bad thought and it slips away...hard to believe but true...feel better than I have in a long time...depression is a nasty thing just gotta find the right combination.....

I have suffered from severe anxiety and depression for well over 30 years. Recently, I was prescribed oxycodone for a very painful injury, and nothing has even come close to relieving my anxiety symptoms. This should be investigated thoroughly. It is not a lightweight drug, but for me, it has worked like a miracle. I never want to revert to feeling how I was over so many years.

I have suffered from severe depression all of my life along with “hypo” mania and cutting. In 2007, I was referred to pain management for a chronic physical condition. I started first on Norco and then Percocet (oxycodone). I agree with most of the statements made above, I only feel normal (free from mental and physical pain) when I take the oxycodone. I think someone needs to research this; I would be willing to participate.

I can explain to all of you why oxycodone or any opiate will work great as an anti depressant. First of all oxycodone is a powerful pain killer which gives a feeling of euphoria and well being. Of course oxycodone will make u feel good and not depressed that's why people get addicted to it, because everyday tasks become easier and stressful situations become less stressful when your on opiates. Just remember that gives you no excuse to use it, thats how i got addicted, i was depressed, no medication could help me, then i found percocet, i felt as if it saved my life, guess what few months later i had to starts using oxy 80s because my tolerance build up, and after that i was snorting heroin. So trust me opiates in general can treat depression, but after wards they can ruin your life, and when u thought the depression u had was unbearable, just wait till u see what depression is like when u don't have any more oxycodone, or opiates. BE REALLY CAREFUL AND DO NOT LET THIS DRUG TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE. Im not the only person that will tell u this. And don't shrug this off, its not something to mess with.

I have been on oxycocone since September. I am now becoming extremely depressed. I don't want to do anything anymore. Granted, people think I'm much better: working, smiling when I'm out, and granted, I have practical problems that have nothing whatsoever to do with the drug (money problems, lonliness, and the stress of having no real support system. I have therapists and doctors, and I'm tired of them. I have no family or very close friends.)

So, I would appreciate an explanation of the above post.

Obviously, I have tolerance. I'm taking 15, 4x daily. I have a spine injury, but I think that finally a neurosurgeon identified the souce of the pain - I get my first injection Monday.
And if that injection works, and eventually the source can be corrected, what happens?

I already have constant depression. My daughter told me that she has never seen me so depressed except during the divorce I went through 19 months ago.

I would appreciate any feedback.

just so you know... you said there is no info on oxy and depression... dude what do you think they used for it in the 12th and 18th and early 19th century for depression?

How do you get a doctor to prescribe it to you though? Email me. _[removed]_

but how do you get a doctor to prescribe you oxycodone? or anything for that matter..my doctor is so strict and only gives me .5 mg klonopin which doesnt work for my anxiety anymore and i am getting desperate... i have had no history of drug OR alcohol abuse and cant seem to get anyone to prescribe me things...maybe i say the wrong things? if anyone can help me... I'm a senior student at the university of south carolina!

I agree with the previous poster, if you think your depression is bad before the oxy, wait until you see what it's like AFTER the oxy (withdrawals).

do you want to end up on Methadone each morning?
I made the mistake of misusing Codeine (which is much milder) and now I pay the price having to withdraw.

Dunno about the USA, but any doc in the UK would probably laugh at using an opiate to treat depression (they'll only use benzo's for 4-6 weeks max now)