Been using suboxone and subutex and a crutch for opiate withdrawal... Anyways im on my 4th day of subutex withdrawal and its honestly not that bad as going cold turkey off oc a year and a half ago.. but im somewhat alone in this.. ive been taking some vitamins, and been using xanax and ambien for sleep, but i'll feel good for a couple hours then get extremely depressed and want to go out and get more sub... how long is this going to last and am i doing the right or wrong things to deal with these w/d's? someone let me know how long this will subside and if im taking the right steps? ? ? ? ?

Not a good idea dude. You should ween off subutex under the supervision of a doctor. That way you won't have withdrawl.

Good luck

hey there, coming off of subutex isn't easy! i've been an on-off user for 18 years. i'm currently taking 0.2 mg subutex, and still cant kick the habbit of putting that sub in my mouth. been like that for a year would u believe, the mind also has a major part to play in beating any addiction, my advice is to stick with your doc and get yourself somme further help via councilors, GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!

I can say i think your doing the right thing by getting off the subs.Although taking the xanax might not be such a good idea as it is a persciptoin drug and might set you back i would suggest taking over the counter tylenol PM for sleep it works wonders.Also If you can handle the WD just keep your head up and keep on going with it.I was on subs for 2 yrs and tuesday I just woke up and didnt take any and i felt o.k. its now thursday and i feel some WD symptoms but not to bad i just take aleve through the day a multi-vitamin and excersize for 30 MIN. cardio mainly(jogging in place) and it helps alot and at night i take 1 tylenol pm and get very little sleep but enough for me.Also I pray alot you know the lord works wonders when you dont have the strength to go on he will help you carry on...so now just the feeling of knowing im actually getting off of subs is enough for me to keep going through these WD syptoms.... I wish you the best of luck you can do it just believe in yourself and stay strong :)
              Hope this helps   because i know hearing about some one who is going though it or already went through it makes you feel like your not alone i know it helped me. :-|

hi could u help me n let me knw wots tpo come . i have got my self dwn 2 0.8 n want of im in subz . im going to book a week of work . i have a baby shes 1 . iv bin on subs for many years . im very worried of not knowing wots to come . iv read some of these storys n some sound so bad . i have a baby i need to b well for . i so want of it gets me so dwn . many thanks

I really think it's just going to take some willpower on your part. I'm on day 15 and doing just about the same thing you are but drink LOTS of water throughout the day, it flushes your body of toxins.Please stay strong, you can do this!

I am using subutex also and I have failed a few times which has cost me dearly and strained many family ties and relationships all I can say is just stick with it you are doing well if you feel like you need something don't turn to alcohol or miss a dose of subutex etc or go out and score. Concentrate on finding ways to keep busy and keep fit .. taking vitamins is a step in the right direction imagine how many nutrients your body missed out on when you were using. Good luck with keeping clean I also need luck as well .. willpower is just as important as sticking to the subbys.

the only way off of subs or any opiates is dont take any putting any other opiates in ur system just prolongs the w/d symtoms ive been on subs gear in english [ heroin] my first was codine i was takeing 96 yes 96 thats 3x boxs of nurofen plus a day for around ten years. after relaps after relaps!! probley in the region of the hundreds of times of atempting to get clean!! im on day six now with rls and not much sleep i cut down from 24mg per day this time!! to 2mg for 3 days then 1mg for 3 days and nothing up untill today ive managed to wright this on hear im not a doctor im just a junky any thing that went into me whether or not it made me feel good or ill i still took it knowing full well it was gunna make me feel worse.  to be hounest the peapole that know more about w/d is us or me the addict its the worst feeling in the world! if your struggling plase dont give up there is hope and maby one day by the grace of god you can do this! subs are good for helping to get you off of any opiates up untill yesterday i was hopeing i could see someone i could get sub your head will tell u all sorts of diffent ways to take u back there im 33 years old and should of bean clean years ago! in 18 mounths ive done things id never do in my right mind i had both my cheekbones shatterd i have titaniam cheekbones  broken jaw broken nose and fracherd skull i had a face reconstrution all over drink and subs! i never took subs how u should do like under toung i dont need to go into deatails sniffed them. see useing them the correct way dient do it for me! im an addict i look for the buzz not the help! if i could get out my nut on dirt id eat it!! i mean it! its my truth. i know this is hard it is very hard for me but 6 days now legs still hurting but its getting better and it will do  as the days go on! if you want any sugestions to do with getting clean or help to contact me id be so happy to help  good luck remember you can beat this painfull and bad way of life thanks

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hiya,i really glad i found this,so need this at ,moment ive been on subs for 4yrs,i wouldnt of took em that long as i know these opiate replacements are worse than wot we usually choose as our drug of choice,but i did have a liittle girl whose now 2&a half&im 46yrs old&at my wits end,ive come off heroin,crack cocaine,valium,morphine,you name it ive done it,but these sibbies?theyre beyond me?i just cant get off them&need to&want to so badly i went into rehab 5-6yrs ago&in all that time ive only had very few lapses&now the occassional valium,but thats only been because im suffering so much,i started on 32mls of subbies,got down to 16mls,when i was pregnant which i wasnt happy with but the ante-natal nurses&drugs project&social services said i must stay on my meds or its harming an unborn child?so of course i stayed on them as i didnt want to lose my baby girl!anyway,when she was born i went down to 8mls&no joke the past 8months,thereabouts i reduced 2mls to go down to 6mls i suffered so much,never stabilized like you do with methadone?so my drugs project said i need to taper down really slow so away i went with lots of 0.4 s,theres 5 in 1 2ml&it literally has taken all this time to get down to 2ml,im so upset n angry bout it,cozz ive been sufferrring all them months,never stabilized or got use to no drop&i now believe that im drawing out my pain&thinking surely wouldnt i be better to just jump off the 2mls&get my life bak&feel good again!but im scared rigid,as ive asked,been on internet&i havnt heard 1 good successful detox to subbies,does this mean after all that slow tapering off&sickness n pain im still going to suffer major withdrawls?im really worried n scared,if it was just me id jump off em go to bed till i can get out there and get my life bak,im so unhappy&ill,so desperately want off these but i cant with a hyper 2yr old,if the withrawls are going to be bad? does anyone know?has anyone actually come off subs successfully?or will it be easy for me to come off?i thought they was meant to be the least addictive,successful maintenance drug thats clean n easy to come off like codeine?im so angry with our 2 drugs projects we have here,coz they never warned me or anyone i know whose also stuk on either 2ml or 0.2ml&stuk&scared,please help anyone?or am i just hearing all the negative storys?&just do my taper&get down to 0.2ml&jump off that&may just get pains in legs,lack of sleep?but certainly ,vommitting,shivering,shaking&sweating for 4-6wks in my bed which i cant actually do as ive baby to look after please help

cheers love n peace nessa from u.k.

Well it will certainly SEEM bad, but coming from someone who has been in and out of withdrawals for various reasons and finally because I quit subs, they shouldn' be bad. Not major ones like you hear horror stories about, but during it will certainly seem bad. Just know its mostly mental, stay firm and resolved that you're finished, FOREVER. Recognize how horrible its made life for you, how chained you are, Im done being a slave and Im never looking back I dont care how many fond memories I have. Stay strong and don't give up, and know that soon enough you will see a huge change in how you feel. So much energy you can't sleep, it sounds rough because not sleeping is rough, but Im shocked to have so much energy with nothing behind it but myself. It honestly makes me happy, I just went through all this, and Im only on day 5. Its not an experience I want to repeat, but it is totally doable. Just dont be a wimp and let it push you around, its a chemical lol, your brain is YOUR brain, you tell IT what to do, dont let it tell you what to do.

Community Administrator

Hello.

We at Steadyhealth are conducting short anonymous survey about Suboxone treatment, withdrawal and side effects.

The goal of this survey is gathering real life experiences from you and other people who went through treatment with Suboxone, Subutex or any form of medication that contains buprenorphine/naloxone.

We’ll use your experiences to make an ebook guide in order to help all patients who are currently going through Suboxone treatment, Suboxone withdrawal or who are experiencing side effects.

This survey won’t take more than 10 minutes of your time, and your answers may help people who are going through hard times on Suboxone.

You can access the survey about Suboxone/Subutex here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/92QJT98

Thank you,

Billy

Exactly me right now. Reading your words hit my heart. God bless!

Hey! I've been on sub for 10 years,I've have seen not one success story till I found yours! So I'm at an 1/8 th of pill,my question for you is it easier than all the horror stories? and when do I (being at an 8th or 1 mg(either way do i start jumping off?