I am a 15 year old girl, a virgin and I think I have a yeast infection. For about 4 days I had occasional itching, and after that I had about two days of discomfort and itching. Yesterday I noticed a thicker, but not quite cottage cheese consistency, discharge. Today the discomfort is gone and I have very occasional, less than the first couple days, itching and the same discharge. I have taken no medication or home remedies. Is this a yeast infection? Is this normal, is it going away or is it something else?

It could be. No-one on the internet can tell you for sure. You need to get it checked by a doctor. Your mum will understand that a yeast infection is not an STD. I hope that helps

You would have to be checked by a doctor to know for sure, I recommend to get checked soon in case you do have yeast infection as sometimes they don't go away very quickly without medication.