I'm 17 with l4-l5 buldging/pertruding disc and am scheduled to get the injection sometime this week and am curious if these are really the right choice iv been like this for 4 months and was extrememly active but can't do anything but walk anymore and this pretty much is the last resort before surgery which would happen for at least a year due to my age

I just had the cortisone epidural 2 days ago. I really don't feel that different. It did not hurt ONE BIT and was over in practically 3 minutes. I have had leg numbness and butt pain for over 6 weeks. All I can do is walk and I go for about an hour and a half every day. Walking is the only time my body feels normal. I am dying to work out harder or lift weights or do yoga, but the docs tell me to take it easy. Can't get in for post-op for almost 2 weeks! Maybe the cortisone will kick in in a few days, but I don't feel that different now. I did it as a last resort before surgery and I read can try it 3-4 times before surgery is necessary. I also read that 90% of these herniated discs resolve themselves if we do nothing at all...just give it time. Sometimes up to 9 months! But CORE exercises are important to keep it from hurting you again! That's what I have decided to try.

anonymous wrote:

I just had the cortisone epidural 2 days ago. I really don't feel that different. It did not hurt ONE BIT and was over in practically 3 minutes. I have had leg numbness and butt pain for over 6 weeks. All I can do is walk and I go for about an hour and a half every day. Walking is the only time my body feels normal. I am dying to work out harder or lift weights or do yoga, but the docs tell me to take it easy. Can't get in for post-op for almost 2 weeks! Maybe the cortisone will kick in in a few days, but I don't feel that different now. I did it as a last resort before surgery and I read can try it 3-4 times before surgery is necessary. I also read that 90% of these herniated discs resolve themselves if we do nothing at all...just give it time. Sometimes up to 9 months! But CORE exercises are important to keep it from hurting you again! That's what I have decided to try.[/quot

i have had many epidurals plus 3 maojor back surgerys, not fun!! im about to get another epidural and im going to pt 3 times A week for decomp which is really suppose to work for the bulgding disk!! good luck i feel your pain and discourgament sorry