I have been advised to have c.spine surgery as one of the disc's is close to the spinal cord and there is nerve compressionon the rt side .I have had numbness in head and nerve pain on rt side of head and am taking Neuronton for this.I have had no neck pain as such and only mild numbness in my rt arm and all my symptoms relate to my head.Since been told I need surgery I have looked up lots of web sites and all symptoms seem to be arm and hand related. Is it possible to have such unpleasant symptoms in my head from disc problems?

I have had 2 herniations in my neck, in 2 separate occasions. How long have you had the symptoms and what levels of the neck is involved? Depending on the length of symptoms, you have to remember that your body naturally start to compensate for lack of movement as wells as to protect the injured area. Have you had any sort of therapy? It may be that the muscles are beginning to tighten around the base of the neck (myofascial disorder) which could be creating the head issues. I would say before you think about surgery make sure you have exhausted less invasive methods. I had issues with the disk compressing the spinal cord, so I know that feeling.