I think that I have some problem with my period. Sometimes I think I will bleed to death, and it scares me. I went to doctor, he examined me and I am still waiting for my results. Can someone tell me if the abnormal bleeding is sign of some condition and is it something dangerous?

As we all know, the period is the usual cause of vaginal bleeding. However, any vaginal bleeding that is not normal menstrual bleeding can be abnormal and must be investigated. This abnormal bleeding can be a sign of a problem within the vagina, uterus or ovaries and it includes irregular or excessively heavy menstrual bleeding, and any vaginal bleeding in a woman who has passed the menopause. Another cause of bleeding in postmenopausal women is hormone replacement therapy. Abnormal vaginal bleeding can occur between the normal menstrual bleeds or it can take the form of menorrhagia. Menorrhagia is unusually heavy menstrual bleeding. After a number of years without any vaginal bleeding this condition can develop in postmenopausal women. The abnormal menstrual bleeding can be caused by a number of things. Injury to the vagina or vulva, sexual abuse, infection in the uterus, cancer of the uterus or cervix, hormone imbalances are some of the causes. It is important for you to contact your gynecologist as soon as possible.

In February I started my period and never quit. I went to the hospital after 7 days of bleeding and I had a 4.3 blood level. After 5 pints of blood they gave me a D & C and finally everything stopped. i was not pregnant. It has happened again. I went to the hospital yesterday after 7 days of bleeding but more bleeding than ever. They gave me a pill for the bleeding to stop in 24 hours and told me if it didn't to come back. The doctor seemed to think it has something to do with my uterus. Can you give me any information on what this could be. They didn't give me any blood this time but said it was close. I had a gastric by pass surgery 4 years ago if that helps.

so it seems like iam bleeding almost all the time and if i am not bleeding and i have sex with my husband then i always start bleeding during intercourse, or right after. it goes on for weeks then ill have a period then it will stop after 7 days i will go a couple days without bleeding, then bam all of a sudden bleed again for a week or 2 then stop unless i have sex in between there then it starts what is the problem? i dont have medical ins how can i figure out what is going on? when i take my son to the doctor should i tell my doctor what is going on and see if he will talk to me there? any ideas would be really helpfull please email me thanks
_[removed]_