Hello there! I am a 45 years old female, and I have never had any problems with my period. I gave birth to 2 beautiful children, and even after pregnancies nothing changed, they were still regular, with the same duration. But in the last couple of months I started having heavy bleedings with cramps in my stomach. I would have to lie down in bed the whole first day and before I wouldn’t even notice it. I have no idea what happened to change my periods so drastically. Is there anybody who had similar experience?

Hi! You were lucky with your periods. Mine were always heavy, with abdominal and back pain. That is why I didn’t notice my problem in time. I was diagnosed with endometrial polyps some years ago. Anyway, there are actually numerous conditions that could have caused your heavy bleeding. I will just count them, and you should go to a clinic and have it checked, ok? Here are some possible causes….anovulation, endometrial hyperplasia and cancers, uterine fibroids, abnormal thyroid or pituitary function, hormonal changes, such as menopause , use of certain drugs like steroids or blood thinners, pelvic inflammatory disease or other infection , and stress, change in diet or exercise routine, recent weight loss or weight gain, travel, or illness. If you need to relieve your cramps, it would be best to use Ibuprofen. Don’t use any aspirin as it may prolong bleeding.

my mother had the same problem as you her peroids were always normal and then all of a sudden she started hurting so bad and her peroid was so heavy that some days she could not even go to the gym she saw her gyno and he told her that her uterus was enlarged badly and that he need to do laproscopic surgery and a dnc when he did this he found that she has endometrial polyps and he told her that she should wait untill she went into menopause or that she should have a hystorectomy i did not spell that right i dont guess but anyway after the dr did that she had one more very bad painful peroid and it has been since november and she has not had a peroid she just now has bad mood swings and awful hot flashes so i tell you the best thing for you to do is see your dr and good luck to you

hi i am 14 an have been havin terrible periods since i started every tyme i throw up an fell very faint an i am bleedin very heavily does any1 no of anyfin i can take.plzzzzz help

When I was 14 up until around age 19 I suffered the same symptoms. The cramps were so painful I had to lie in bed the first day. I would also throw up. What helped me was to take pain relievers at least 2 days before the onset of my menstrual period. Drinks lots of fluids. When I began exercising each day, I noticed that my symptoms were not as severe each month and my cycles improved with age. By the time I was 21 all these symptoms disappeared, never to return. I am now 46.

i have always had the same problem and now my daughter has them.
the best thing is to start taking motrin before it starts...then once it starts take 3 motrin then every four hours take 2 then 4 hours take 3. birth control pills was the answer when i was 19....and that is what they are telling my daughter also. she hasn't done that yet. excerise was something that never worked for us. i excerise daily but once it gets to close to my period i have to stop. my daughter also is a running and that is not an option once she starts her period for 2 days. she also has passed out during the pain...you have to get off your feet as soon as possible. hope this helps