I'm a 16 year old male with oily skin and moderate acne. I am about to go on Accutane, but I was wondering if anyone knew how long my skin is supposed to get worse berfore it will get better. Does your skin always get worse before it gets better, or does it just depend on the person taking it?

Thanks!

iv been takeing it for a month and a half and my skin is great now it did nt really get bader tho it wus just up and down for about 4 weeks . but just deal with it cuz it is way worth :] lol remember your chap stick

Hi there,
My friend had problems with oily skin and acne, and I know she struggled to get this problem under control. I know that Accutane was not her first choice. However it was very helpful in her case. Accutan is much better in treating acne then oily skin. So you have to expect more improvement on acne rather on oily skin. But if you wish to get rid of both problems you will have to use more products for oily skin. But I would first focus on acne because they are more noticeable and more complicated to get rid of. You have to apply Accutane cream on regular basis and you will notice improvement.

I hope this helped a bit.