I have oily skin and also suffer from acne and am almost a year on minocin. But I’ve heard that accutane might help me in curing my acne problem but also my oil skin. And I wonder how to get rid of oily skin for it is so shiny and dull colored. Do you think accutane treatment might help me to get rid of oily skin also?

That’s for sure it might probably help you to get rid of the acne as well as of the oily skin but in manner that it might become so dry that might itch you and I don’t think you would like it. And don’t you know, oily skin stays younger for much longer than dry or normal skin. I suppose you’re very young and your skin will become more normal by aging so around your 30-es it may become almost normal. And keep in mind not to use accutane on your own for it is a strong drug that if not used as prescribed may lead to serious illnesses. And if you don’t have some severe form of cane I don’t think you need accutane, minocin is well enough. And to get rid of oily skin you might try something else for example aloe vera gel is very effective as well as washing your skin with lavender water. Avoid smoking and rub regularly your skin and also there’s an diet for oily skin- it should be rich in proteins but poor in sugar, salt and fluids, try to take large amount of green vegetable and a lot of fresh fruits and make sure you take enough of vitamin B complex for the lack of that vitamin might cause oily skin. And you may also try to apply occasionally antiseptic night cream and use clarifying mask once a week.

hey.
I dont know how bad your skin is but i have very oily skin too and i use to have a lot of acne because of it. but since i control my oily skin, my acne is controlled too. i wash my face 2 times a day with 2 different face wash.
Moring- any one that fuzzes. Night-netrogena's one minute mask. then after i use clean and clear cooling toner, clearasel ultra and clean and clear lotion the purple one for acne. also i keep those blue oil sheets with me everywhere i go because acne is cause by oil and if u take off the oil, there is no acne.
good luck!

that would take to much of my time during the day to do all that wouldn't it? lol

Exfoliating the skin is often neglected by many. Little do people know that dead skin cells can be cause of their acne and oiliness. Exfoliate your skin with a gentle facial exfoliator once a week. This keeps dead skin cells away from your face and helps get rid of oily skin.