Hi, I have tried Proactiv solution to get rid of acne, but it’s not working on me. Is my skin different or not responding to this treatment because of some other reason?

Hi, I have very good experience with it, since I started using it, my condition improved a lot and I hope to have it completely healed soon. Have you been washing your face for one to two minutes? Maybe, you just thought it was one or two minutes and it was less. The benzoyl peroxide is in concentration of 2.5%, but some other producers have also 5% and even 10%. So, maybe you should put thicker layer of the cream on the infected area. From my point of view, the toner they have in their collection is probably fine to use, but is unnecessary.

Hi. I have tried Proactive with no luck. It actually irritated my skin to the point it became rashy and infected. I have suffered from acne for over 20 years and have tried every over the counter and prescription acne med out there. I suffer from photosensitive eczema/acne so I have to be extremely careful with the products I use. Finally, after 20 year battle with acne and other skin conditions my dermatologist recommended Accutane. I did the program for 6 months and have been acne free for over a year. If you can tolerate the side effects of dryness (skin, nose,ears,,mouth) it is a wonderful treatment. If you have sensitive skin avoid meds with peroxide in them. Wash with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil or just water. Good luck with your acne. I personally know how devastating of an issue it can become.

I tried Proactiv 2 years ago and don't worry.. you're not the only one it didn't work on! I used it exactly the way it says but no luck! Now I'm still looking for something that will get rid of my acne.

I purchased proactive 2 times, 3 years apart. -The first time- I had just a couple of black heads, and mild acne but PROACTIVE WORSENED MY ACNE TO A POINT WHERE PEOPLE THOUGHT I HAD A SERIOUS SKIN DISEASE. -second time I got it was because I was told that " it gets worse before it gets better" and that I failed to stick with it the first time!!! so I thought ok, maybe i didn't stick with it long enough, tried it again and this time I was devoted and used it for a long time, BECAUSE STUPID PEOPLE PROBABLY OWNERS OF PROACTIVE like to spread BS to keep people using this junk product. Too make a long story short, It NEVER got better....just kept getting worse......I went through 7 costly laser treatments to resurface the damage this junk product did to my face. As a result of the laser treatments I now have larger pores But the laser helped the scars. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. My cousin's wife started using this proactive prior to her wedding thinking that it will give her that clean complexion for the occasional acne she would get. HER FACE GOT SO BAD, THAT SHE WAS ON BOTH ORAL AND TOPICAL STEROIDS A WEEK BEFORE HER WEDDING AND TO THIS DAY HER WEDDING PICTURES STILL LOOK LIKE THE BRIDE HAD LEPRA.

At the age of 25 I tried Accutane. In fact, I took two doses. Both during winter months which made my skin even drier. Sorry to say it did nothing for me. However, I met with other women and was told that Accutane caused a birth defect in her child. Her heart was reverse. High strongly do not recommend this drug to anyone.