First of all, I am Norwegian so my english is not that good.
Well, what can I say. My lips don't "Work" anymore. They are dry and dead looking. The worst is that is getting worse. Everye single day a layer skin is peeling off and they look terrible. I have tried everything but's just getting worse. Dryness, skin peeling off, you name it. It looks terrible an I feel helpless. Even going to the dentist seems impossible...
It's been 5 years sence I ended the cure. What am I gonna do??

It's been 6 months since my accutane treatment ended. I must say that the trade between dry skin and chapped lips seems pretty fair. The best treatment I have found for my lips is Aquaphor. You can generally find it next to hand lotions, but it has helped the chapped lips tremendously. Few times a day seems to be enough. good luck.

I know this was long ago, but have you found anything to help?? I have the same problem after accutane and my lips look awful.

It has improved somehow the last year. Do not lick our touch your lips with your tounge. Keep them dry! Do not even use moisturizer or anything. Let your body repair them. Have 100% focus on this I had to change my life. I mean I work out every day and live healthy. After changing my life it has improved very slowly though, But I am very optimistic. By the way I have seen doctors, No one have been able to help. Streroid cream like elocon could help someone I have heard.
Tip. search for "exfoliating chelitis"

hi snafse! im from argentina, so i dont speak english very well, but dude, i have the same problem with my lips, after five years since i finished my treatment of accutane. i had proved everithyng vaseline, nivea lipsticks. and nothing sems to work. is dont using anything working for you? how are your lips now? how long does it takes to see improvements in your lips since the moment you stop using moisturizer? i wanna know it all about it if you can tell me more about your experience i will thank you so much.

ps 1: i still didnt prove with aquaphor, im gonna try it, but i wanna know more about your experience with not using anythyng.

ps 2: maybe to much moisturizer make us worst im using less moiztuizer and i have some improvement, but not sure about stop using moistuizer at all. please tell me what you think about it sorry my english, i hope you understand something.

good by and good luck! 

Guys, I have the same problem but no such long time as yours has passed over my treatment. It has been almost 2 years and my lips have still been peeling off. I'm looking forward to the day I will have normal lips. I don't think anything will help to heal them and it seems waiting patiently is all I can do :( What are the signs of healing? How can I understand that my lips are healing? 5 years is too long :(

steroid cream made mine worse i found!

hi Snafse
I loved your post and wanted know if your lips are back to normal now after 1 year later? I am experiencing the same problem and i have tried every form of lip balm under the sun with no good results.

please help somebody I don't even want to kiss any one because of this issue I am having. really embarrassing and its affecting me more and more

Hi Guys! I'm havin gthe same pb as you, however it does not last, it comes once or twice a year for a month when I have exposed my lipds to cold weather. As someone said, do not touch you lips with anything even your tongue. Protect them slighlty with a cream and that's all. I experience some "crisis" evry year as I said, my lips get itchy, slighlty swollen and my mouth becomes red around the lips, what makes me a clown's mouth.. I use Homeplasmine kind of a pure vaseline during theses "Crisis". Btw I'm French and I came on this forum as no one have wrote about this in my country. Hope you're all going better. Thanks for keeping us in touch! See you

I first read this post nearly 5 years ago when I was still in high school. Since then I have tried nearly everything for my lips but to no avail. Like you all, I took accutane but my lips never seemed to recover. Recently I started taking an L-lysine supplement twice a day. It is slow going but I truly believe this will change my life. I recommend anyone with this problem should try it. I also think behavior modification plays a role. Try both. It's a cheap plan( ~$4) and the l-lysine can be purchased at most health food stores.

Everyone needs to try this! IT WORKS!

Hi, I came off accutane over 10 years ago and only now have been able to find a cure for my lips, and even wear lipstick, woo! Nothing worked (and believe me, I tried everything) and being told by doctors to 'just try vaseline' was infuriating as even that made my lips worse. They were either cracked and dry constantly or so soft that I could literally rub the skin off. It was actually a lady on the MAC makeup counter who told me she used a nappy rash cream (yes, I did just say that) called Bepanthen on her lips and it cured her post accutane lips instantly. It's available in any supermarket or chemist at about £1.50. It may not work for everyone but it has literally transformed my lips. It repaired the constant cracks within 24 hrs and I never leave the house without it now. I can not recommend it enough.

Hi Kate, I've had absolutely horrible, red and chapped lips since coming off accutane 3 years ago. I gave Bapanthen a try and it still didn't help. Is it still working for you? Any other recommendations?

another trick I found that works well is bag balm. It's typically used for cow utters if they're chapped but is safe for humans use.

Are you telling the truth?