Hi, guys. My friend’s kid was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). After the initial treatment, she went into remission. I hope she will be all right. I would like to know the longevity of remission in these cases. Can anyone tell me something more? I will really appreciate all your replies.

Hi to you too. Acute myeloid leukemia is common for kids. It is good that she has entered into remission. However, the battle does not end here. She must do everything to stay there as long as possible. I think that she will be on chemotherapy for next 8 months even she is in remission. If after that everything is all right, she will be without drugs. I cannot tell you the exact longevity of remission in the case of AML. This is very individual and varies from one person to another. I think that a medical expert could know some numbers.