I was diagnosed recently with AML Leukemia. I am 45 years old and have spent the last five months in and out of hospital for chemotherapy and secondary infection. I have high dose maintenance chemotherapy to complete.

Hello, my father was diagnosed with leukemia almost four years ago. It was really rough. He stayed in the hospital for about 7 months, when we first found out. He was so sick, we didn’t think he was going to make it, but he was strong. He had a bone marrow transplant and after he is better. He just started back taking chemo, and he has to take it for four weeks. We sit there for six hours, and then he is sick and sometimes he is just tired, well the side effects are different each time. I heard that after you only live up to five years with this disease, but my father looks very good, and has gained about 45 lbs. in the past two years.