I have some question about adderall and alcohol. I am an overweight person and I would like to lose weight more than 20 pounds. So I was prescribed adderall but I don't know anything about adderall side effects and above all would like to hear some advice about adderall and alcohol. Thanks!

It is not good mixing adderall and alcohol that's for sure. I've lost my weight by taking adderall but mixing it with alcohol might not do you well. The fact is that adderall with alcohol might cause you some mental condition problems including psychosis also that one day might turn into ADD and also might cause you being depressed. And I suppose you wouldn't like that. Anyway on the other hand if you want to lose some weight you should avoid drinking alcohol for it is well known that some alcohol might have caused you being over weighted. And also if you mix adderall with alcohol you risk becoming so depressed that you might try to find consolidation in even more food. So my advice for you would be to take adderall exactly as it was prescribed and avoid increasing its doses. Limit its uses on some shorter period of time in which manner you could avoid some more serious adderall side effects including adderall addiction.

latrena wrote:

It is not good mixing adderall and alcohol that's for sure. I've lost my weight by taking adderall but mixing it with alcohol might not do you well. The fact is that adderall with alcohol might cause you some mental condition problems including psychosis also that one day might turn into ADD and also might cause you being depressed.

So did adderall work for you? Are you still on it?

If a person is prescribed Adderall for treatment of ADHD, what are the precautions with drinking alcohol while taking the medication? If an individual (with ADD) is planning to have alcohol, it seems that they would be better off to continue taking adderall even with the consumption of alcohol.

i recently realized im an alcoholic. i drank 1-2 pints of vodca nighly... ill be sober 30 days tomorrow. but i just want to say mixing hard liquor and adderal for ME, was basically like doing cocaine, i loved the adderal cause my twisted mind told me i was on cloud nine wile havin my cocktails alone in my room, then either have a impulsive desision to go out to a bar solo, meet people, chat, have fun, whatever! i usually never made it out cause i would wake up next day in same clothes, room a disaster, big puffy eyes from cring and yelling outloud to myself about some sad BS i proberbly made up. so embarrasing, got arrested twice soley because of the ridiculos amount of vodca and adderal made me blackout and go from the happiest girl in the world to a violent, insane, different person!! i still take adderal but i do no t drink now and since.... i have not lost any morals, forgotten my values, pissed myself, been paranoid, scared men away or done anything i was mortified by the next day... because of that dangerous mix. i couldof killed someone and never of known. thank god. good luck out there

LMFAO! What I want to know are what are the known side affects from mixing the two drugs?

I read throughout a bunch of other persons experiences some are funny, some are just upsetting to the gut, but everyone has different affects with this kind of drug especially when mixed with alcohol. Some people get stomach ulcers, prolonged vomitting, very angry personality; hostile. I forgot the other things i read, but I dont get any of this. I'm always just really happy just as if i fuxxin sniffed, but without negative image addicts give off.

In MY many experiences with the combination of both drugs I have found that I am "not drunk enough" but, of course I am. Keep in mind the setting is always at a lounge/club. Not having a drink beside me feels like an hr trying to get my next drink. I drink as if I'm smoking loosies in a rush- just fuxxing sipping away. Last night I bar hoped only three bars with a friend who had no idea i was on it. Walked bout 1-2 miles from start to final destination. Bout 10 blocks b4 destination I lost my memory, completely! I was told that I seemed fine...but then as soon as i got to the house i blacked out on the floor!

To make everything shorter...My experiences with mixing the two always boosts my interpersonal skills, even without mixing, gets me drunk a lot faster, which i dont like, and usually leads to blackouts, wtf is up with that?! Luckily I've only blacked out while at home or at a friends. let go google or bing the reason why we get blackouts...

The only thing I have noticed with drinking (my experience was with Jack Daniels) and taking adderall is that you don't realize when you have reached your limit because of the stimulant effects of the adderall and so subsequently end up vomiting later when you've unwittingly had too much. I don't recommend combining the two.

I regularly use Ritalin and Alcohol to get a better buzz than alcohol alone. I also find I'm a lot more social and outgoing when I'm on them. The only time I blacked out was after a night of drinking probably a liter of Vodka over several hours and maybe 20-30MG of Ritalin. (I'm 6'3 210 lbs) and was feeling great! Everyone else had gone to bed and a cute girlfriend of my wife and I decided to go in the hot tub. We were talking, drinking, and laughing, then I guess I blacked out cuz the next thing I know we're both naked and I'm sitting on the edge of the tub while she's giving me a blowjob! Piecing together the events she filled me in on I must have been "out" for about 10 minutes, but I evidently started the hanky-panky. (we had never even kissed before that...) Good thing my wife was fast asleep! :-D