I have been taking Adderall XR 10 mg for about 2 months. First I took 10mg and 10 mg in the afternoon, but I worry about the fast heartbeat it gives me, so I cut the dose. Is this safe? Anyone else experienced this? I will check with my doc, but I would like to hear from some user first. I am 30 years old, female

Hi there, I'm 35 and I take 10mg once in the morning and that is the max according to my doctor. You should check your blood pressure, daily, to make sure your dosage isn't elevating your BP to dangerous levels. Also, Adderall XR is designed to be an extended release formula to last you a full day so maybe you should skip your evening dose.

I've been taking it for over a year and I'm taking 25mg XR in the morning and 10mg IR (immediate release) in the evening for when it's wearing off. That seems to work well for me as the IR doesn't last too long into the night keeping me up. The whole fast heart thing is normal (it's a stimulant - that's just something it does). As long as your heart doesn't feel like it's about to explode, then you should be fine..

I just started taking adderall xr. (In the morning @ 15mg)
My pulse has always been on the higher side but now I feel it all the time. Palpitations??? My doctor said to give it a week to alleviate early side effects so I do hope this subsides. I haven't felt jittery and I'm starting to notice better concentration. BUT, even sitting still almost takes my breath away. Please, any other info is helpful to me.

I have been taking adderall for about two years now I'm 18 and yeah it will race your heart, that's normal. Usually 10 MG XR will only last a couple hours for me but that's because of abuse.

But this drug does wonders, the only think you have to worry about when on this drug is the nervousness, it makes you gittery until your body gets used to it, then you'll feel normal and relax.

For this to happen it could take any amount of time because everybody is different.