Hello bodybuilding lovers! I just started working out and I heard that I could use adderall xr for muscle growth. Has anybody tried it ??? Thx!

Hello there! You have been misinformed! Adderall is a stimulant and appetite suppressant. It affects central nervous system and increases heart rate and blood pressure, decreasing appetite. It is commonly used to treat ADD/ADHD. It can be a habit forming. I would not recommend this drug for weight loss either!!!

I don’t know how can you gain weight while using appetite suppressant. Someone has misinformed you on Adderall use. This is ADHD medication and it can have effect your testosterone hormone. And testosterone hormone is responsible for growth of your muscles. I’m not sure will this make your muscles larger, but I know that it can affect your blood pressure. And this is something that you need to watch out for. How long are you working out and what exercises do you do? How much can you lift right now? I think you should be careful with the supplements as many have side effect that are not good for the body. You should always do a research before you take anything.

I have been on 10mg  immediate release adderall for over 2 years and I prefer to be on it while maintaining 7-8 meals a day (rather forcing them or not) during my workout spectrum. I honestly find immediate release adderall to be a great pre workout becuase of theupped concentration and minimal crash. Not to mention it does not contain caffeine. At first you will without a doubt notice the difference but over time your body will adapt. 5'9/178/11% aren'd bad #'s for a prescription med highly frowned upon.

I take 15mg twice a day and I still eat the same actually I think I eat more. But I dont ever force myself to eat I just get hungry every 3-4 hours....eat breakfast, lunch, afernoon snack, dinner and nightime meal/snack so about 5 times a day. Ive always been around 185-190lbs and been lifting weights for 17 years on reg basis. Im 38 now and BF is the same as it was at 21...and Im up to 195lbs and same 6 foot tall. I dont know why everyone thinks adderall is a huge appetite suppressant....its really more in your head. I mean lots of things people say are suppressants...but I eat 3,000 calories a day and most of it is healthy other than my ice cream snack after dinner....good bodybuilding food actually. Love cottage cheese at night. I eat peanut butter, chicken , oatmeal, eggs, red meat, salads, etc. I guess if I was taking 200mg of it I could see problems. Man if it is bad for muscle gain I dont know how I just made my best gains Ive ever made the past 4 months while on it and Ive been on it a year....just eat food and workout and you will gain muscle or at least maintain. too me taking 15mg of adderall feels like I drank 2 cups of coffee from QT.

Hello, i have been recently taking adderal 30mg in the morning and have been working out later in the day, I'm getting nervous that it's going to have long term effects if I continue using. Do you take days off adderall? Is it safe to take preworkout 12hours after taking my 30mg dose? One last question sorry!! But I'm kind scared,,, do you ever have problems with waking up too early and being ready togo at like 4am?? I hate it and don't know what todo! Please help!!! Thank you so much!!!

Let me also add that I too can eat more on adderal, but a terrible part is that I have become so focused on bodybuilding that my schooling ha suffered!!:((( can someone please give me life advice I'm 22 years old and I want to continue bodybuilding but idk how to balance life with my addiction to the gym lol

For workouts a redbull would be equivalent to the addy effect during a workout. The adrenaline hits come n go. But he'll yea it'd help lol. I'm prescribed 60mg

I usually take my 30mg every day and it has zero affect on muscle growth. It doesn't hurt it anyways. Unless of course you stop eating like girls do sometimes to try to lose weight. But if you are focused on bodybuilding of weight lifting the lifestyle 20-60mg of addy a day is fine. I still drink coffee or a pre workout drink too but caffeine doesn't give me jitters. Don't overthink everything just tAke your meds & lift weights 3-5 days a week and make sure you try to throw in some protein shakes in there. I'm mainly worry about getting 1 gram of protein per lb of BW so at least 195 grams a day. It's simple when you drink a shake when wake up and another before or after a workout. I stopped taking last year for awhile & didn't eat anymore than I did on it. I do prefer smaller meals though except every now & then I will eat bigger portion - listen to the body! Also under eating for a couple days won't hurt you but it's what you do 5-6 days of the week what counts!

Well at least bodybuilding is a good addiction most of the time. Just remember that when you are not lifting you may be making gains. Cut back from 5 days a week to 3 & you may improve in muscle mass. More isn't always better but your probably doing fine. Don't forget about other things like school & work to pass the time :)

You may react differently or something but it sure as hell is an appetite suppressant. There's no question. If I take 20 mg i can go the whole day w/out eating, unless I've been on it for a while and my body is used to it. But I still am less hungry even when I'm used to it. When I take a larger dose for when I have more work, which is when I use my XR and quick release, I have to force myself to eat, and it's honestly difficult to do so.