Anyone here addicted to painkillers? I ask this because I will most probably have to use something for my knee. It hurts like hell. I have injured it two days ago, when I was on a soccer match; light collision turned out to be very severe. Now I can hardly walk and the pain is getting worse. Tomorrow morning I am seeing a doctor, but I just know that I will be prescribed a painkiller. How dangerous are they?

First of all, I would not make assumptions like those. Who knows what is wrong with your knee? Perhaps an intervention might be needed that could eliminate the cause of pain, so there wont be any need for pain relievers. Still, there is a possibility that you might get one. In that case, after the therapy, do not try to stop suddenly. Instead, reduce the dosages so that you can get off easily in time. If you receive pain killers at all.