I have a friend who seems to addict himself to codeine painkillers. I know he cannot feel such a pain to explain taking more then five pills every day. I just know he is not in pain all the time, and that is why I am worried about his health. Can you tell me if someone could be addicted to codeine? Is that possible, and is there any way to help him?

I had the same problem few years ago with codeine addiction. That is possible, I can tell you for sure, because I used to take even more pills then he dose. I used enormous number of pills for two years almost, whether I feel pain or not. I knew I was doing terrible damage to my liver, kidneys and my entire organism. I was trying to stop few times but I had withdrawal symptoms so I just continue. I had pains and take painkiller again. That was vicious cycle, which I could not break by my own. Finally, I decided that I should see my doctor. At the beginning I was thinking that is something embarrassment so I was avoiding this appointment as much as I could. At the end, I saw there is no way back and if I want to stay normal, I need physician’s exam. I strongly recommend this to your friend, because I can guarantee he could not stop this on his own.