Hey folks! I have problem with arrhythmia and I am using propranolol for three months now. I am not satisfied with it but I need to use them. Whenever I stop taking Propranolol I notice that I am having some bad and missed heart beats. I need to stop this. But today I had so bad headache and stomach pain. I wanted to take some painkillers but my husband told me not to do that because it is not recommended. Can you tell me can I use painkillers when I am on my heart meds? I think that I can but…Tnx a lot!  

Health Guru

Hi, as no one on here knows your medical history and are not qualified physicians we are unable to say for legal reasons.

The only person that can actually tell you this is your own doctor, your husband is right telling you not to take them as different meds can cause complications when mixed.

Hi there.
I was stressed so I totally forgot to tell you more about this. Well, I know that I have arrhythmia for seven years now, I accidentally discover it when I had temperature. I went to the ER and they found out this. I didn’t think that this was important than, but I had only 19 year old. Three months ago I couldn’t breathe because my heart was skipping. I was breathless. So I went to see the doctor and he gave me propranolol. I never had any heart attacks, no bypass surgery. I don’t have any other health issues, but lately I have bad headaches like I told you. I want to take something for this and I didn’t know that I need to visit my doctor because of my headaches.
That is why I was wondering can I take painkillers without consulting my doctor?
Tnx

Hi there two of you.

It still depends. I see that you don’t have any other problems than arrhythmia. I think that propranolol is good choice and I believe that it won’t cause any problem if you take painkiller for your head, of course if you have just simple headache.

But still, whatever you want to do you NEED to consult your doctor. I don’t know what painkillers you want to use. If you mix them with propranolol they can cause some unwanted effects.

It is very hard to tell you what to do from this perspective.

Consult your doctor please.

Hey there. I agree with blankcanvas002 totally. The doctor is definitely the best option ever. I remember that one of my neighbors was using some heart medication with pain killers. I am pretty sure that she had migraine problems.  And you know what happened? Nothing. Pain killers didn’t work, heart medications as well. I am so sorry because I can’t tell you which pain killers and which heart medications he was using. But that is why I think that you need to tell your doctor about this. I really hope that he is going to find the best solution. Good luck.

Health Guru
As I said before we can't say if it is ok if you can or can't take them for simple legal reasons because he you was to advise you and it's wrong and causes complications you could take legal action against us, only your doctor who prescribed your currant medication can tell you what he any painkillers are ok to take.
Sorry we can't be more helpful on this matter.