I have had ADD diagnosis many years,30 yrs ago I took a drug called Biphetamine which is no longer available in the US, and went without medication for about 20 years then was put on straterra and when scheduled for gastric bypass surgery about 5 yrs ago, found it was causing my liver function test to be 5-6x above the normal level.  Now about 3 yrs ago started on Adderal XR 30 mg, which worked well until now not working more than 2 hrs and now need to make an adjustment probably to short acting adderall. But the strattera is a non stimulant and had very minimal help for me and comparing it to adderal which is a stimulant, is like comparing apples to steak,,,,I have never taken brand adderal and possibley the generic could be the issue but brand is too expensive especially without drug coverage

JUNEBUG you are not alone!
I am 31 and just got back from adult ADD specialist psych, who gave me a "no doubt" diagnosis of in attentive ADD also with anxiety.

My symptoms were clear from childhood, but like so many girls they were overlooked as I did not display the hyperactive disruptive behaviours and merely drifted off into a dream during classes. That or couldn't stop myself from talking / distracting peers which was just classed as naughtiness!

Like you, I somehow managed to pass a Masters degree (by the skin of my teeth, and amongst many abandoned courses of study) and also set up as self-employed (selling my jewellery designs).
BUT like so many others, I too have suffered the crushing blows of a long list of failed / bailed jobs, courses, friendships, relationships, projects... Etc, and it has had a profound effect on my self-esteem. I've learned to mask that, but no-one who knows me could miss the fact that I have increased in introversion over the last ten years.
I could go on forever, but I'll cut to the chase...

Psych has prescribed me Concerta, which is more common UK version of Ritalin, but I am terrified to even try it. I'm the type that tries not to take pills for a headache / cramps etc... So deciding to take a potentially highly addictive amphetamine based drug seems nuts! I asked for alternative options, and he then mentioned Strattera explaining it is not a stimulant, but after reading these kind of first hand accounts of the effects, I don't feel convinced either would be good for me.
At the same time I know I went to him seeking help, I waited on waiting list for over a year, I held my breath nervously awaiting the news of this condition even though I already knew it to be true... So then am I an id**t not to try what he is prescribing to help me?!

So confused.
Much peace and love to you all. X

Don't gauge how well medication will work for you based off other peoples' accounts -- everyone is different! Please try Strattera/Concerta yourself before jumping to conclusions. The only way your doctor will be able to help with your ADD/ADHD is if you take the initiative to first help yourself.

I do hope this reaches you.

That's what I was thinking! Can't believe that woman..

Your body naturally changes every 7 to 10 years as it is, sometimes more often for a woman in her thirties. With that said, changes in your period could have zero to do with your meds. As far as a drug's effect on pregnancies, you'd have to consult the drug info and ongoing medical research. Additionally, if you've built a healthier routine that includes more physical activity, then that could be contributing to your period changes, as well. An irregular period may have no bearing on your ability to get pregnant; no period for prolonged lengths of time is another matter entirely, though.

Get rid of the couch lol

I've tried them all except for strattera which my doctor seems to want to prescribe it after my urine screen was positive for amphetamines for whatever reason can't prescribe adderall again until a test comes back clean which means no colds and no muffins with poppy seeds (but damn they are so yummy:( )
I've taken provigil yuck. Wellbutrin yuck and concerta whoah hold the roller coaster. No thanks very much.
Adderall works well as long as I'm not taking more than I'm prescribed which I've been good about for the past couple years.
But when I ran out because of doctor changing and testing I went and bought some medicine from someone else because I can't work if I can't stay awake. And i work the overnight shift at a very busy demanding company