Hey,
I am just looking for exchange of experience. I am 38 with ADD and been taking Adderall for more than 5 years. First I was at 60 mg a day and now I went down to 20 mg. I am also using Strattera. Well the problem is that when I was only on adderall, I had headaches, but now when I am additionally on Strattera (20 mg daily), things got even worse. My headaches are horrible. Besides this, I am also constantly loosing weight. I was wondering if someone had experience with metadate and if this medicine works any better? Also have headaches on metadate?

Hello!
I was on Ritalin 3 years ago and then I stopped. I really had bad headaches, then again I had headaches also without Ritalin. However, I started on Adderall and metadate and got my headaches somehow under control. But when I started on metadate I was also having headaches, eventually they went away.
I think it is best to experiment little. You have t give a medicine some time to start working... I think in month or two the effects of medicine should be shown... but, hey, this is just my opinion. Trust me, I understand you and your headaches, been there... just trying to say, don’t give up!

I have tried both

Hi. I am 16, and i have had ADHD since I can remember. I have tried multiple pills including ridollin, which made me sick, adderal, which didn't really work and and also made me sick. But then i was perscribed 2 20 mg Metadate pills a day...and surprisingly, the results were better than any otehr pill. I was able to focus better and it didn't really mess with my appetite. I also did not get an upset stomach with Metadate. I am now off of all medication and am doing just fine without it, but i do reccomend Metadate. IT WORKS. hope this helps.

People. Metadate is the brand name for methylphenidate and that IS ritalin. Just another name for it.