Hello, I have been hoping that you might help me wnd my family with our problem. Our son was diagnosed with ADHD and it really shocked us all. We somehow knew that there was something wrong in the picture, but somehow thought that it is nothing serious. Are there any natural treatments for ADHD, something that can help in the therapy?

Well, let me give you the info right away. Ginkgo leaves are excellent in increasing blood flow to brain, contributing to greater oxygenation of tissues. Brahmi – its use is in protecting the brain from free radical. Siberian Ginseng – stimulates brain acivities. There are more, herbs like Gotu Kola, Green Oats etc. Still, before applying any of these please consult both doctor and an expert in this area.

Ginkgo does not work for adhd, i have been religiously practicing the chemistry of herbs for ever 6 years now and in no way does it help people with adhd. I have adhd and i suffer from it everyday of my life. There isn't a "fix" for the condition, its just the way we are wired. In my early years i was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder as well but my parents are old fashion and neglected any psychiatric medication. I have tought myself to work with my disorders and do not take anything for it, i literally talk to myself all day and tell myself why i am feeling what im feeling to understand why i should not act out on the my desired actions . In an odd way it has helped me as a body building hobby since people with adhd are typically restless. I experimented with every drug for adhd out there and to me, its not worth the side affects(im sure you guys know what those are) Im always interested in reading the latest on adhd disorder though i dont think there's a cure, i firmly believe we can one day develop an instrument that can give our attention patterns a rhythm to pay attention to, like cadence to a beat of a good song, somehow make an instrument that can allow our attention to somehow live life like a rhythm, its all i can think of to help our kind. I realize at the end of each day how irrational i acted on my days work

ADHD can be very shocking to deal with. I have ADD, which is harder to diagnose because instead of hyperactivity I have lethargy more often than not. I do have hyperactivity in the sense of my brain going very fast, but my body just doesn't try to keep up.

Anyway, I've heard from some who have ADHD, as well as used this myself. Emergen-C has lots of Vitamin B and other vitamins to help your child stay focused and feel energized and ready for the day if your child hates mornings. It also helps boost the immune system with lots of vitamin C. Vitamin B complex also helps me a great deal. They do have Vitamin B drops you put under your tongue so you don't have to swallow pills. It helps me focus when I'm tired but also calms me down. It is usually used to manage stress. Also, try using a white noise machine when the kid is studying, and use positive associations with good grades, not outright bribery like giving money, but things like soda or a scent he likes, or a videogame he only gets to play when he's done well on a test or something. Make sure that you have him study in a comfortable yet stable environment. Have him study at one place at a specific time. Routine is important and can help a lot. Make sure you don't give the child excessive amounts of sugar right before bed or before studying. A little bit of sugar helps me, since I'm usually lethargic, but too much and I swing into hyperactivity as well.

If your child does use a prescription, always ask what to do and not do. Most ADHD and ADD medicines require you to take with food. If it does not say that you should take with food, ask if you should. I am taking Adderall XR 25mg. I started off at 5mg and slowly went up. Ask your doctor or psychiatrist to give your son a small dose of a medication to see if it has bad effects or anything. Also, your son may develop something unusual he always does. Some people with ADHD and ADD like to keep their hands busy. I twirl my hair between my fingers a lot. Others bite their fingernails or twirls or click pens unceasingly. It is a warning now that some medications do have severe side effects and you should be careful. One of my friends who has ADHD took adderall and it made him go a bit nutty. On Strattera, he was fine and pretty normal. When I tried to get on a non-stimulant because my parents were worried about me becoming dependent when I reached adulthood, I tried Strattera. At first it wasn't so bad, and I was okay. However, soon my lethargy worsened and I became increasingly depressed. It wasn't terrible until about three months after I started on a gradual increase of Strattera and a gradual decrease of Adderall did my parents notice anything wrong with me. They were so busy with other things that it was nuts. So watch your child closely and if you see, say raging look in his eyes at random times, or misplaced sadness, then ask your child what is going on and compare that information with what you know about your child. Be an advocate for your child. Ask your doctor questions. Ask your doctor what medications are out there and what are the possible risks. Talk about what you see in your child. Also, let your child talk. Sometimes your child may interrupt you while you're speaking but if it is about his own mental struggles, then let him talk.