I need some help with my problem. I am 34 years old and I have been drinking actively for the past three years. When I say actively, that means each day, and getting completely drunk during weekends. I have somehow managed to cut the amount taken for weekend but I am afraid of the relapse. Should I seek some professional help now or should I try on my own some more?

Well, it does take a strong mind and will to let go of vices which seems to make our lives easier and actually they are making it far worse. It looks like you are doing just fine for now, but it is not hard at all to return to old habits. Perhaps you should seek some medical help, if nothing else, a good doctor advice would help you a lot in your individual fighting with the alcohol addiction. And if the moment arrives when you think you cannot do battle anymore alone, don’t be embarrassed to ask for help.