my boyfriend recently went through alcohol detox, and for the first 2 weeks he did well.but the last few days he has displayed the same behavior as when he was drinking and his body odor has a strong smell like medicine. he would smell this way when he drank liquer verses beer when he was drinking heavily before. could he be drinking again or is it just his body getting rid of the toxins from the alcohol abuse?

He's drinking again.

I don't think he's drinking again. I think the smell is because he has so poisoned his liver and since he has finally stopped drinking his liver has a chance to clean out, hence it's mainly the liver detoxing. Also years of drinking has soaked into the bones, skin, hair follicles. . . it takes years for these things to be replaced by new non-alcoholic-toxic cells. Good luck.

HE DRINKING AGAIN. MY HUSBAND WENT TO REHAB AND SNEAK AND HAVE A COUPLE OF BEERS. HE SMELL A HOT MESS. CHALK UP YOUR LOSSES AND RUN NOW. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED 34 YEAR IT HORRIBLE.

If an individual regularly smells of alcohol it could be a sign that they have a drink problem. Some people go through periods of their life when they drink heavily, but they manage to cut down before they develop a physical addiction. Other individuals progress into alcoholism and this means that they have developed a physical as well as psychological compulsion to drink. Such people may go to great lengths to disguise the signs of their drinking.