About 1 1/2 weeks ago I had fever and chills..A day or two later I developed a sore throat on my right side which went away but I still have a red patch. Now I have a sore throat on my left side..the right side is not sore but the red patch remains. I also found out that I am pregnant, about 6 weeks with our second child so I am really scared. I have a 10 year history with bulimia (I am 34 now) and a 6 year history of alcoholism/recovering x 1 year. I am afraid that my past behavior has lead me to throat cancer. I have smoked marijuana on a fairly regular basis as well..not for a few months. I do not have a history of cig smoking really, just off and on when I was 18 and 19..long since past, never regularly. I am terrified that I have throat cancer and my doctor just told me to gargle with salt water. He barely even glanced at my throat. I am under a lot of stress. BTW.. I have chronic post nasal drip too since I was a kid. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it because I feel so helpless and terrified.

Were you able to find out what you have/had?

I have read many many things about the consequences of bulimic behaviour, but have never crossed anything about throat cancer...

hey, going through a lot of physical symptoms too. stopped my eating disorder habbits, because i literally couldn't do it anymore, i too was doing for 10 years, but im only 21, i also smoke cigarettes, used to smoke a lot of pot, and went through the whole being 21 drinking thing, but am now realizing if i don't change i'm gonna die. all i have to say is, even though its hard, stress makes things worse, in that its like speeding up your internal clock, speeds up your heart rate, which makes everything in your body get worse, so relax! i recommend learning about stress management techniques, they will save you and your babies life! and have some amazing effects after the baby is born, too! its hard, its a struggle, the important thing to remember what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, and if you can get through it now, you can get through anything. life is full of challenges, and my suggestion is to be persistent with your doctor and continue to do research on your own,  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***, and if you dont like your doctor find a new one! our healthcare system isnt the best, but we got to learn to work with what weve got. your brave enough to have sought out help here, but its best to go find out what you can on your own. i work 40 hours + a week, go swimming or walking every day, and i find time to do the research, you just have to force yourself to. also for stress management, dialectical behavioral therapy techniques really helped me, and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques are also highly recommended by many. seek therapeutic options before drugs or surgery, considering past addictive behaviors. your mind has the power to pursue an addiction, it has the power to pursue an answer. im sure in aa they talk about replacing the addiction, to that in your medical life, and taking care of yourself! you got a baby to look forward to! good luck!

It's very possible you have postnasal drip which I've heard is common with people who suffer from bulimia. When there's blockage or mucus is too thick it can really irritate the throat.