Hello, folks. My friend had been using drugs, but then he pulled himself off. He was clean some period and I was thrilled for him. Unfortunately, he has started taking drugs again. I would like to know something more about drug relapse. Can anyone tell me something more about this? Thanks.

Hi, there. Unfortunately, drug relapses are quite often. There are two types of drug relapses. The first one is known as traditional relapse. It means that there is an actual use of chemicals after a period of abstinence. The other one is behavioral relapse. It is the return to old patterns of behaving – reactions, thinking, feeling. If this is left untreated, it will mostly lead to traditional relapse. I think you should take your friend to the rehab center. There, he will get the best help he can get. I hope I’ve helped.