HI I'M WORKING IN IRAQ AT THE MOMENT ; AND WILL ONLY BE GOING HOME FOR A BREAK IN A WHILE (WORRIED) ;
I NOTICED THAT THE BACK OF MY THROAT IS RED AS WELL AS MY SOFT PALATE ( NOT RED PATCHES ) THE AREA OF SOFT PALATE AND TONSILS ; THERE ARE THREE BUMPS ON MY UVULA .I'VE BEEN TO THE DOC AND WENT THROUGH A COURSE OF ANTIBIOTICS ( NOTHING CHANGED ) HE MENTIONED SOMETHING LIKE IT IS GRANULAR LOOKING.NO PAIN OR IRRITATION .PLEASE ANYONE WITH SOME ADVICE /INFO.

I too have had the same thing for about two months. I have been to the doctor twice and they say that it is allergies. I am seriously thinking about going to an ear, nose and throat specialist.

I have exactly what you mentioned as well. It has been going on for two months as well. There is no pain but my throat seems to always be dry. I don't know if the dry throat is relevant or just because I had my tonsils out last summer. I went to the doctor and antibiotics also had no effect on me. He thinks it is either a virus or allergies. The allergies would make sense being that I have them pretty bad..especially this week...and the redness has increased slightly when my allergies got worse.

I have the same thing- for about 2 weeks now. Noticed some bumps and redness in my throat and then a few weeks later after a course of antiviral meds- on my uvula. I see an ENT and he's not that concerned but I'd sure as heck like an answer. This is after having a blood test confirm shingles and mono. Also, had my tonsils out last summer.

Here are three possibilities regarding the growth on your uvula (the little "punching bag" in the back of your throat):

It could be a wart. Depending on the appearance, oral warts have a variety of names (papilloma, condyloma acuminatum or verruca vulgaris), but all are caused by the human papillomavirus. Treatment requires surgical removal, and recurrence is not uncommon. One important consideration is that a particular cancer (verrucous carcinoma) can look very much like a wart. Biopsy of part or all of the growth is important if a doctor suspects a verrucous carcinoma.

It could be a yeast infection known as thrush (oral candidiasis). On several occasions, I have seen thrush limited to the uvula, where the infected material forms a sort of extra skin or "sleeve" over the uvula. Treatment requires the use of appropriate antifungal medications.

The final possibility is that it could be a cancer other than a verrucous carcinoma. If you use tobacco and drink alcohol, then you are at risk for oral-cavity cancers. If you do not use alcohol or tobacco, cancer is much less likely, but it is still a possibility.

You should see an ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeon. ENTs have the experience to look at your uvula and determine whether a biopsy is necessary. They also have the technical ability to biopsy the growth or remove it entirely. Although it is unlikely that the growth is cancerous, I would not waste any time finding appropriate care.

Can I just warn you all before taking drastic steps and doing what I did. I had small bumps on both sides of my uvula. I was terrified they were warts. I of course have been married and faithful for my entire marriage but I just could not imagine it to be anything else. They tried antibiotics.. I went to an oral surgeon and he told me the only way to find out exactly what they were was to have them removed and tested. So, they ended up removing my entire uvula. Of course this outpatient suregery is like having your tonsils out but not quit as painful. Stitches all over the roof of your mouth for weeks. Very painful. So, I was very blessed my tests came back as really nothing. Just a skin bump.. Not papiloma (warts). Which I am so grateful for but now I have serious mouth issues. No one ever told me this would happen.. No one ever warned me about what happens sometimes after this kind of surgery. The area in my mouth is smaller now... much smaller.  My soft upper palate has shrunk from the surgery and healing and now my soft palate (nub of my uvula.. apart of it seems to have grown back) literally sits on my tounge. I have breathing issues now. Especially at night. I cant sleep on my back or I make a loud clicking sound from this flap opening and closing. and this irritates my soft palate as well. :( swallowing is very different. The Dr said  I would just get used to it.. Well, its been a year and I havent.. I notice it every time I swallow.. evertime I talk.. So, please wait before you do anything drastic as I did. I wish someone who have talked to me more and warned me... give it sometime and just watch it. the best of luck.

Wow, so glad i seen this. Thank you for posting. Im so sorry you have had to go thur this.i have to go have a biposy and im scared.. Ill be sure to ask many questions if it comes down to having the uvula removed for any reason.

Thank you for the warning. I hope and pray you get some relief soon.

I have had the small bumps , total of maybe four , for over 35 years. I had a doctor look at them and she said not to worry. I still have them and am very healthy ( I'm 65 years old ) . I have bad allergies so that is a very good possiblity. Good luck and think possitive!