Hi, I've been given Alprim Trimethoprim for a UTI I've had for over 3 weeks now, Im to scared to take it as I've felt the affects of a allergic reaction to penicillin before, I'm told it's not in the penicillin family, but I'm scared I'll have the same reaction anyway and all the other side affects I've read about really put me of this drug, should I risk taking it or ask for something ales

Hi Jayne,

I have been on Alprim Trimethoprim for 5 days with no problems, I also have had an allergic reaction to penicillian in the past.

Hazelk

I have taken Alprim for a urinary tract infection ( UTI ) for the past 7 days & have had no side effects. It has been a wonder drug for me in it was just about the only drug I have tried that has worked on my UTI.

I have been on Alprim for a uti for 4 days, do not feel good: nausia etc, but then tonight after my 4th tablet find I my ears will not clear and throat feels strange when I swallow!!!

My ears feel as if I have been in an airoplane and will not pop! have a strange feeling in my head.

Hi jayne I was hospitalised after taking Alprim for a UTI and ended up with acute viral anemia as a result. If you are allergic to Sulphur do not take this drug. It nearly killed me. There are others that are effective.

I have started taking Alprim for the last 2 days, woke up this morning with swollen lips which I have had previously when taking antibiotics with penicillin. I know the reactions is similar but not sure now if I am allergic to Sulfur derivatives.

My sister recently was given Alprim for UTI and she also had a allergic reaction,like
Penicillin allergy.. She went off it straight away. She is also on Worforin and Has a rash all over her chest and sweating,dizzy..