I got a UTI two weeks ago (shown by nitrates in urine)...
I was given a 5 day course of trimethoprim, then went back a week and a half after the first symptoms, and a dipstick showed I had keytones, and protein in my urine... I was put on metronidazole (whilst waiting for the urinalysis to come back) as I am allergic to penicillin... the urinalysis only showed white blood cells and "organism" the doctor said it may be the sign of a partially treated infection... and i should carry on taking the metronidazole - any advice or thoughts on what to do next...

Hi there,

You have very interesting problem here. It is interesting because you have tried several antibiotics that are not working for you. The white blood cells in the urine are caused by the urinary tract infection. Your immune system is trying to fight the infection but something is not working properly. You could try to fight the infection with dietary supplements.. For instance I know that cranberry juice is very good for urinary tract infection. It prevents the bacteria to multiply and there for it can not spread any more in your urinary tract. Maybe if you combine this with your antibiotics you might get the positive result at the end. Good luck with this.