I’ve developed urinary infection again. I think that there are million triggers on my urinary system that lead to inflammation. Almost every time when have sex several days after I got the symptoms of inflammation of urinary system. This time I took alprim. How effective it can be in persistent infections?

It is very effective antibiotic. If you use birth control pills, you’ll need additional protection while taking alprim. I was on alprim last year, because also had so called ‘honey moon’ urinary infection. I was taking it for 7 days as it is usually recommended. After that I switched on herbal remedies, cranberry juice and timolol preparations and have problems no longer. You have to treat this problem constantly, even after symptoms are disappeared.

I have had this problem for years now. Each time I was treated it only lasted for a short while. The difference being, different antibiotics were used. This year in side of six weeks which is just recently, I was hospitalized for two days. I was unable to hold myself, when it decided I had to go that was it no holding, and If you have experenced pain passing urine before, then let me tell you I don't wish it on anybody. The second time I decided to see a more experianced doctor as the first one too one look at the speceman, took my teperature, bloodpresure, and decided not for him, so I was sent to emergancy, and they cleared it from there. But, two weeks later(This always happened on a weekend) It was on again, this time those little buggers drew blood. The Doctor prescribed antibiotics, and I thought he had fixed me. So I went back to him again very ill with high fevers , high temperatures, and much pain. This Time he prescribed Alprim, three hundred mg. to be taken with food before I go to bed. He also orded me to have a kidney ultrasound as he felt this had gone on long enough. I decided to wait for two days for this as you have to have a full bladder for this, and I knew I would not be able to handle that. I started taking cranberry tablets, and juice Three weeks ago, and I still do. The fevers have vanished, and the temperature is coming down after taking Alprim. I still have burning pain passing urine.
I'm worried what the altrasound will find. I'll let you know. J. Commisso.

joecom, have you heard of Institial Cystitis, the symptoms have gone on too long I would google that and go see a urologist. It's very hard to diagnose and the treatment doesn't work too well, I've had 3 cystoscopies and 2 hydrodistentions, it's excruciatingly painful... worth checking it out before you get worse it took 3 years to diagnose and by that time I could barely walk and lived on painkillers... cranberry juice won't help if you have this and as you should avoid anything with acid due to the fact that the bladder wall is inflamed.

Esparza if noone has ever told you this if.your uti are associated with sex you must goto the bathroom & wee straight after you have sex everytime. This flushes any bacteria from.your system. I started doing this religiously & have only had one uti in the past 12 months & that was self inflicted cos I didn't goto the bathroom

Since this last message ,I have seen a specialist who used a camera to go inside the penis. From there I underwent an operation where he streched the inside wall of my penis as he said because of scaring it had caused a restriction. This did help until recently it reocurred. Believe it or not, on good friday. I had to seek help from another doctor who was on duty at another clinic as our clinic was closed. The doctor prescribed antibiotics which were slow to stop the infection. However I went back to my doctor who prescribed Alprim which did the trick. The doctor who saw me before I went back to my doctor, advised me against having anything to do with boring as he said it was all a waste of time. Whist I had the infection there was restriction, however, after the Alprim treatment, I am back to normal. Through a friend, I started using the herbal sal palmato twice a day, this seems to help as well as cranbury juice. Let's see how long this will last before a reocurrance.

UTI come back each time when I feel hurt after sex, it doesn't help to wash after that. No sex no UTI to me. took Alprim 4 hours ago, still feel burning pain,but much better than before, hopefully no pain tomorrow

I was in for a bladder strech today it is what u said I have got I'm on new tablets called nitrofurantion for three months they seem to work pain is bad after op

had to go and see the doctor today as everytime i went for a pee it stang like hell and gave me goosebumps.
The doctor gave me Alprim to take one a day. How long do i have to wait for it starts doing its job

use angela kilmartin procedure for uti and sexual intercourse.never have problem again.if i get. i take 1 alprim and cranberry complex.all gone.take cranberry 2 x every 4 hours til healed.