Hi, I have constant Uti- urinary tract infection. I have been taking Bactrim and after Principen, but always after a while I get infection again. How to cope with uti?

Hi, have you done an antibiogram? It means taking sample from your urine and determining which antibiotic is effective in treatment for that specific bacteria. UTIs are treated with antibacterial drugs, but since many bacteria developed resistance to some penicillin and other antibacterial drugs, they can last unexpectedly long. The choice of drug and length of treatment depend on the patient's antibiogram analysis. Nitrofurantoin (Macrodantin, Furadantin), is very effective in this kind of infections. Quinolones such as ofloxacin, norfloxacin and ciprofloxacin are also specific for urinary tract infections.

I too have suffered from frequent uti... my succes came from taking cranberry pills. Ever since I began doing that... I have never had a uti.....